What did they do to my Boca Burger?

• I got a new box (Vegan original) at the store last week and I thought they had just changed the packaging but NO

Old box - 1 burger 70 cals 5 calories from fat 280 mg sodium
    New box - 1 burger 100 cals 20 calories from fat and 470 mg sodium

I can deal with the increase in calories and fat, although I dont understand the point and am dissapointed

But the sodium is awful. What I love about the bocas is to me they taste just as good as a burger and I can do them up with lowfat cheese and catsup and pickles and t&l and it is a nice filling burger especially on ezekiel buns.

Yesterday I had my first one out of the new box and it was so salty it was barely edible. YUCK. I want my salt in my pickles not my "meat"
  • OOOOHHHHH it was the ORGANIC version. Explain to me why organic soy requires more fat and salt than plain ordinary soy?
  • I was gonna say, I just went and looked at my box (I too have the original vegan) and it still said 70 cals.

I don't believe I've ever seen the organic version, but knowing me I wouldn't buy it anyway. And now I know I won't!

Don't know why the organic version would have more calories than the original.
  • You should write the company and ask what happened. Sometimes, the nutrition info changes because it was wrong in the first place but this sounds like a whole reformulation. That's disappointing.
  • Maybe, I should be glad I switched over to Morningstar Farms! I've just found recently that the Boca just hasn't been the same.
  • Hmmm. Could be that the organic needed all the same to mask the funkeh taste?

I switched from Boca to Morningstar because I love their "chicken" products. Their Parmesan "chicken" burgers are AMAZING.