Hello everyone...........I am new and need help

• Hi all,

I really need to lose 100 pounds ! I am feeling like it is not possible lately! I am so over weight, I don't feel pretty! Please suggestions anyone!
  • Welcome to 3FC! You're already taking one giant step by joining and participating in his forum.

100 pounds seem far away now, but lots of users here have accomplished that (and then some!).

Here's a few advice I have that may be helpful:

1) Keep changes small - don't suddenly give yourself a lifestyle overhaul, eating hardly anything and working out every day of the week. That's practically setting yourself up to fail. Make lifestyle changes one at a time at a steady pace (for example, if you haven't exercised before and eat fast food everyday, start with say exercising twice a week and picking out healthier stuff @ fastfoods, then progress as you're ready.)

2) It's OK to slip up - we all have done it. Don't beat yourself up over and give up, or try to compensate by starving yourself the next day. Just get back on your usual plan @ work at it.

3) Keep a log of your foods/activities & better yet, share it! - it'll keep you much more aware of all the calories you're taking in & burning off.

and of course,

4) Lose the weight healthfully - generally no more than 2 pounds a week (which would translate to a 7,000 calorie deficit, 1,000 a day!) and that you should eat at least 1,200 calories a day.

Best of luck and keep in touch!
  • Hello Mama of two! to 3FC!!