C25K Newbies Starting at the beginning of 2007

• I thought I would start a new thread for any Couch-To-5K people who started in 2007.

I did Week1 Day1 on Sunday and I am doing Week1 Day2 tonight. When I got home from my first run/walk I walked in the door and I had a huge smile on my face. I was so proud of myself and it felt wonderfull. I have been eating healthy and exercising (cardio and weight lifting) for the past month and I can tell that I'm in much better shape already. I remember a few months ago I tried running with my dog and I couldn't even make it a block. I was so winded and my knees hurt so bad! This time I could've even gone farther than the 60 seconds of running took me but I didn't want to push myself too much. I downloaded the podcast for my ipod and that's defenitely motivation. I love the music and it's so easy having the guy tell me when to walk and when to run. I'm still on the fence if I want to do each week twice or just once.

Anyone else a newbie?

Here is the link if anyone is interested
    http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml
  • The podcast sounds like a good idea, but I can't find it on the website, do you know where I should look?

I'd love to get started on this! Hopefully I'll get in some time tomorrow!
  • Nevermind, I googled and was able to find them! I'm excited!
  • I'm so excited!

When are you going to start? I did Week 1 Day 2 today but I will keep on week one until your ready to move to week 2 so we can do it together
  • I started this last week, I just completed W2, Day 2 today. I'm having some trouble with shin splints, so I might spread the runs out more than 2 days apart. It's surprisingly easy, although I went out running with a friend in the bush last night and that was MUCH harder with inclines and obstacles (doing C25K on treadmill).
  • thanks for the link, i've been trying to run in the gym on the treadmill, but its hard to make it for longer that a few minutes...im definately going to try it out!