A newbie ready to become a new me!!

• Hi everyone.. I was reading the forums and looking for a fun and motivated group. Your posts made me smile and even laugh out loud. I also read your list of 100 lb. losers. WoW!! How encouraging is that So I would love to join this 100lb group. I currently weigh 252 lbs. I am a retired nurse. I am a 3x cancer survivor. I am ashamed that I was victorious in that battle and continue to lose my "Battle of the Bulge" This is a great day to start over. I look forward to getting to know you. Lets have a really great day.. Lori
  • Hi Lori - welcome to 3fc! It is a great place for inspiration and motivation (especially this room!!) You have been in some tough battles, I am sure you have it in you to win this one!!
  • Welcome Lori....
    This is a great place to support you in your new plan. My favorite thing is coming each day and posting why I want to stay on plan each day. It really helps me remember why this is so important to me.
    BTW I was an adult ICU nurse for 10 years. I went out when I was 22w pregnant with my twins almost 10 years ago. Glad to have you here!

Kathy
  • Welcome...you found a great place
  • Thank you ladies.. I feel at home here already. Is there a regular weigh in day? I think the daily post on why we want to stay on the plan is brilliant. I tend to growl at my scale daily and only jump on it once or twice a month. I knew this would be lovely group.
  • Hi Lori, from a fellow Canuck...what part of our lovely country are you in?

Great to have you here...and what an inspiring story you have.

I know you can do this, and yes, this is absolutely, hands down..the very best place for support that you will ever find (even when you fall down hard)

Linda
  • Welcome!
    Hey, you are a proven warrior......you WILL win this battle.
  • Welcome, Lori!

Congratulations on your THREE-TIME victory over the BIG C! Wow! That is SOOOO great!

This is a WONDERFUL place with AMAZING people! You will LOVE spending time here!

Be sure to check out the mini goal pix. They inspire me every single day!

Come back often!

Cheryl
  • Welcome! You'll love it here, and we're so glad to have you!!!

• Hi Lori and welcome to 3fc and the 100lb club. We all have our own weigh-in days, mine being Mondays, kinda helps keep me on track through the difficult weekend. We ususally post it a weekly thread called Weekly Weigh-In. Give yourself some time, look around - you'll definitely get the hang of it.

You certainly are a strong woman having gone through what you have. How inspiring you are!!! Good luck with your weightloss journey. Glad that you are here and I look forward to getting to know you.
  • Hiya Lori

Great to have you with us. Im a newbie too so we can find our feet together chick!

Deb x
  • WOW, you are really an inspiration! If you beat cancer you can definitely do this! Welcome!
  • Hi Lori,

So glad you decided to join us! We look forward to getting to know you as we all re-learn how to live healthy.