She's off the 600 cal/day diet

• Again, thank you to all of you who posted your responses to my question about calling her dr. I did not call the dr. The dr. noticed her weight loss and asked about it. She told her what she was doing and the dr had a fit! Yeah Doc!

She's now eating 3 meals a day, taking 1 multi and is feeling and looking much better.

Oh, she had a kidney infection and the dr said it probably was because of the lack of food and not drinking enough water. I didn't know that she'd cut that down to less than 4 glasses per day because she didn't want water weight gain.

Thanks again for all your advice.
  • Good grief! Did the doc do an IQ test too?
  • Quote: I didn't know that she'd cut that down to less than 4 glasses per day because she didn't want water weight gain.
    WOW...it's amazing how some people's minds work. I hope the doctor explained to her that it's when you have too little water that your body holds it all in as much as possible
  • That's really good news. I'm glad her doc noticed and said something to her! Noticing is one thing, taking action is what's needed. And give yourself a pat on the back for being such a good friend and not giving up on her.
  • Interesting to hear what happened. Seems she needs to get on this site, and fast. She is highly uneducated about what works in losing weight and keeping it off. Try to get her to check us out!
  • Quote: Interesting to hear what happened. Seems she needs to get on this site, and fast. She is highly uneducated about what works in losing weight and keeping it off. Try to get her to check us out!
    She's probably the only person I know (other than my mother) who doesn't have a computer, let alone the net.
  • She can still go to the library and look at some books and such, or possibly see a dietician. I'd suggest that to her since she seems WAY uneducated as far as weight loss goes.