What is your favorite Salad Dressing?

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • I saw in the dinner thread, Tiffany said that Ken's Light Caesar is her favorite. We have that but haven't opened it yet - so now I'm excited to try it!

My favorite right now (well, I have two!) are:

WishBone Light! Balsamic Basil Vinaigrette
    2 TBSP - 60 Cal, 5 g fat, 290 mg sodium, 3 g carb, 2 g sugar, 0 g protein

Paul Newman's Lighten Up! Lowfat Sesame Ginger
    2 TBSP - 35 cal, 1.5 g fat, 390 mg sodium, 5 g carb, 4 g sugar, 0 g protein.

They are both tasty and I normally don't like vinaigrettes as much as the creamy kind. And I usually don't use the whole serving either, so it's even better!

What are your finds?
  • Those both sound very good, especially the sesame ginger...

The Ken's Light Caesar is a bit tangy, but I like the kick it adds to the sald.

I just bought Ken's Light Raspberry Vinagrette, so I'm hoping that it will be good as well.

I'm trying to eat more salads, especially for dinner.
  • Ken's Light Raspberry Vinagrette is awesome
  • Marzetti's Fat Free Honey Mustard is my favorite.
  • I don't really care for salad dressing but I do use various salsas for my salad dressing. They are really good and low calorie.
  • My favorite (of course ) is:

Meg's Salad Dressing

Place all ingredients in a food processor:

1 cup low fat or nonfat mayonnaise (I use Hellman's reduced calorie mayo)
    1/2 cup olive oil
    1/2 cup Splenda
    1/2 cup red wine vinegar
    1 teaspoon dry mustard
    1 teaspoon salt
    1 small onion, quartered

Process until smooth. Keep refrigerated.

Per tablespoon:

25 calories
    2 grams fat
    1 gram carbs
    0 grams protein
  • I squeeze some fresh lemon juice over my salad or a little balsamic vinegar -both are practically zero calories.
  • I cannot live without ranch dressing! I use the fat-free variety so I don't feel as guilty when I eat it.On NutriSystem I am allowed to have it (in moderation,of course) twice a day,so thank goodness for that! I use it on my salads at lunchtime and to dip my veggies at dinnertime.
  • I love the Trader Joes LF parmesan ranch. Its quite low in fat/calories, a little thinner than a typical salad dressing, and has a little bit of a peppery kick to it.
  • Good ol' oil and balsamic vinegar!
  • Hate to admit how boring I am . . . I honestly like Kraft Fat Free Italian at 5 calories a Tbsp.
  • My favorite salad dressing is a homemade Gorgonzola Blue Cheese. Since I found out it is 300 calories for the container that our local restaurant gives "on the side", I dip my fork in it and eat only 1/2 of the container at a time. I figure that a piece of their homemade bread, a salad made with just spinach, lettuce, tomatoes, and carrots, and my Diet Coke STILL keeps me at about 300 calories. The dressing is SO GOOD I am willing to forego the other menu items and just enjoy the bread, salad, and DRESSING. Mmmmm! I have learned to be happy with a lot less dressing than I used to use.

At home I like Trader Joe's Basamic Vinigrette. It is 60 calories for 2 tablespoons.

Cheryl
  • I like light Italian dressing the best, followed by Kraft Red Pepper and Parmesan or Sundried tomatoe and oregano.
  • I love the light ranch dressing! I don't use a lot on my salad so I don't feel so bad.
  • Depends on the type of salad...

I love balsamic/oil... love calorie wise french, or like Raelynn, I'm a big fan of Kraft Red Pepper and Parmesan or Sundried Tomato & Oregano