American Idol

You're on Page 29 of 35
Go to
  • Quote: DialIdol predicts that Lakesha and...MELINDA are the bottom 2 Blake and Jordin are deemed safe, and Lakesha is predicted to go home, but due to the margin of error, it could be Melinda going home (but I bet it will be Lakesha).
    Wow I thought it would be Lakisha and Blake in the bottom 2. Looks like it's bye bye Lakisha . I would be really shocked if Melinda went home. Mind you it was at this point last year that Chris Daughtry left the show.
  • I originally thought Lakesha was going to be one of the last 3 left. But Jordin gets better each time, while Lakesha stays the same. And...Jordin does have her young age going for her. So my guess is that Lakesha is gone tonight.
  • I bet it will be LaKisha. Kind of a rough night last night though, the performances weren't what I was expecting. Ah well, Jordin is still my girl!

Blake is still adorable, I love the highlights in his hair.
  • The best part of the show was when Ryan talked to Judge Judy and she said (pointing to herself and Simon), "twins separated at birth" . I loved it.

Jordin is good but that vibrato of hers gets on my nerves sometimes, so did Daughtry's. baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
  • Quote: I still like Blake and won't give up on him.
    OH no worry MICHELLE! Blake should have a great career making those silly noises! Really, how long can those WUZZLES last? And there is always cartoons...beep-beep.

Quote: 5 minute countdown to AI where I am. Still waiting on Pat and Vanna to get off the screen

I would like to buy a vowel.

Neil Diamond? I think my grandma used to like his music Him and Bobby Vinton.
    Your Granny must be an OUTSTANDING judge of GREAT MUSIC!

Quote: Well, I like Neil Diamond.

Of course you do...anyone that buys Kelly Pickler stuff does!

I'm interested to see what song the judge picks for him and to have Misti in Seattle pee her pants when they come to her town after all these long years of Seattle bashing by Simon.
    I have been to Seattle many times...they have it coming! After all, they are the reason we have to pay about $8 bucks for a freakin' cup of coffee!
  • I'm liking Jordin more and more each week and voting for her. There's just something that I don't care for about Melinda. Blake isn't my favorite at all and I think that Melinda and Jordin are more vocally talented. To me, Melinda has better control of her voice, but Jordin seems more refreshing.
  • Blake is my absolute favorite.
  • Well, Lakesha was my fave and now she's gone. I don't like Blake at all... I agree that Jordin is great. I also really like Melinda, she can sure sing!! I hope it's down to those 2 at the end.
  • I think Melinda will be next to go. There's no doubt that she is the best singer this year, but I'm not sure she appeals to the younger audience as much as Jordin and Blake do. I'm pulling for Jordin to win it...I think she needs it more because I think the others will already have a career without winning (not that winning means you automatically have an awesome career *cough*Taylor Hicks*cough*)
  • EZ won't be surprised that I popped into this thread this week
    Why on earth did that girl not sing like Barry Gibb taught her? He is absolutely superlative amongst record producers world-wide! I wouldn't mind losing on Idol if I got picked up by Middle Ear Studios. If he can orchestrate hits for Kenny, Dolly, Diana, Dionne and Celine ... he can surely do something for the folks left over when Jordin wins.
    Her rendition of 'Woman in Love' was great. Quick .. find me any singer who isn't a bit pitchy when singing live.
  • Lakisha never listened to advice given to her from the mentors.
  • i cannot stand Jordin, honestly. Though I admit, she is pretty, and very talented, I find her a bit conceited. Sort of like last year, there was a point when Chris got it in his head that he was going to win because of all the media coverage, his attitude changed. I hate that. I was sad to see Phil go, too. If its a SINGING competition, Melinda should win. Other than that, Blake should, he is the most entertaining.
  • Quote: EZ won't be surprised that I popped into this .
    We don't call you QUEEN BEE (GEE) for nutin'!

PS ~ Just for the record...I was the one that started those "She still has Barry, Robin and Maurice posters over her bed" rumor
  • Blake Lewis Bothell Celebration Report
    Hi everybody

Wow, yesterday was the hometown celebration for Blake... it was super!! Talk about a screaming, cheering crowd! I heard later (and certainly agreed from the look of things) that it might have been the biggest crowd ever for any event in Bothell.

The concert was held outdoors in the amphitheater at Bothell Landing, which is gorgeous but only seats around 500. There is a high school stadium a couple blocks away that seats 8000 so not sure why it was at the Landing except possibly that the Landing is a stunningly beautiful place on the small river that runs through town. Also, that is where Blake got his start and has sung there before at free concerts in the park.

I was up at the parade and ran down to the landing as quickly as I could but it was so packed I thought I would be waaaaaaaaay back in the crowd. But as I went around on the far side I could see that if I walked down the small path there was still a lot of standing room down really close to front, on the side, and I managed to get a place about 40 feet away from where Blake was when singing!

Our weather did us proud. Bothell is small but it is a very beautiful town, and was all decked out in its finest spring green! The trees were perfect, sun shining, about 70 degrees, and just enough of a breeze blowing to wave the banners around. It was obvious Blake was having a blast and you could sense how stunned he is at this whole thing.

Our mayor said that many cities give keys to the city but they wanted to do something different, so they gave him some kind of big picture (I couldn't see it but I think it may have been of one of his earlier performances at the Landing (???) enscribed by the city. They also presented him with a "Walk of Fame" star for the ampitheater!

All in all it was an incredible event! LOL and I almost missed it as I had not heard when it was. Someone at work mentioned it; I googled and saw it was yesterday so I went and asked my boss if I could leave early!! I would not have missed it for the world!!!! Yay Blake. Oh and Blake sounds even better in 3D than on TV!

Oh... and LOL those of us in Seattle area want an apology from Simon for saying Seattle can't sing, since two of the top 3... and 3 of the top 7... auditioned in Seattle! Someone yesterday had a huge sign on poles that said "Seattle Sings. Say Sorry Simon." But LOL even if he never admits it, we HAVE redeemed ourselves both for his cracks about our singing and our weather!

For photos... go to

http://www.heraldnet.com/stories/07/...1blake001.cfm#

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm..._blake12m.html

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/
  • Quote: Hi everybody

Wow, yesterday was the hometown celebration for Blake... it was super!! Talk about a screaming, cheering crowd! I heard later (and certainly agreed from the look of things) that it might have been the biggest crowd ever for any event in Bothell. ....
    Ya think?

Thanks for the links MistiSue ~ from the pictures I see not only does he make silly noises he can make silly faces... ...I really love the Blake Look-A-Like contest they held too