Another Newbie

• I just found this forum today and decided to introduce myself.

Ever since I moved here 4 years ago, I've gained almost 40 lbs. In December, I was a bridesmaid at my uncle's wedding and I couldn't even recognize myself in the pictures. I broke down and cried and vowed that before I turned 25, I would be a healthier me.

I don't really know what I am going to do diet-wise. I am just planning on eating more veggies, fruits, and whole grains. I'm trying to learn to cook so I could plan my meals better instead of going out for fast food after work. So if anyone could lead me to some healthy recipes I'd appreciate it.

When it comes to fitness, I've always been a runner. I'm also borrowing a beach body workout (slim in 6) from a friend of mine to get me resistance training. So far I've only been doing the si6 and i can already feel my ab / tricep muscles again. And my butt is getting firmer.

I'm hoping to get motivation, tips, and support from everyone here. Thanks!

• This is a great community! I'm sure you'll do great!

• I'm pretty much following the same kinds of healthy eating guidelines. Good luck and welcome!!
  • Okay, I'm new too. Just found this forum today. I'm 23 and have always been overweight. I'm married and have a 2year old little man. I'm working fulltime and also going to school full time. I am down to my pre-pregnancy weight, but it is still overweight. When my clothes that I own now started getting too tight I decided that it was time to change my life!...for me and my son. So far so good. I've dropped 7 lbs in a week! I'm doing the Fat Smash Diet and have found some really great people from that forum. Thank you to all the people that have shown me that I can lose the weight and keep it off for good!

• Good for you! I am also on Fat Smash! I am in Phase 1 day 5. Counting the days til I am on phase 2. Best of luck to you!
  • what is the Fat Smash diet?