Binge-free Week, Jan 8th Start

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • I'm on day 17 and its getting hard to keep track

I have never felt better!! I dont have anytime to read everyone elses posts so post again this weekend but i just wanted to tell you guys that every thing was going great for me!

off to my loads of homework
  • Hello everybody! I hope that you're all doing well!

Congratulations RockNRoll on 17 days without binging! That's amazing! You're an inspiration to me!

MeganL, welcome to the thread! I agree that it's probably best for you to begin by controlling portions and getting yourself ready to lose weight. I also did that at the beginning, and it really helped me to keep on track longer than I usually do with a diet! I began by limiting my sugars a bit and keeping my portions "normal" and that helped me so much. Good luck to you!

I had a bit of a rocky day yesterday! For some reason I started to get nauseous and ill, and was running a bit of a fever. I feel much better today and feel up to starting once again on my journey!

Unfortunately I did slip off of the low-carb program yesterday. I was feeling so ill and my stomach was rebelling against the idea of more protein, so I ate a piece of something sweet and awful for me. I managed to keep it within a serving, but felt awful at my lack of will power. But I'm determined not to run my car off into the ditch just because I took a wrong detour! I'm going to steer myself back in the right direction and head back on plan.

Still... I'm 5 1/2 days since a food binge, and I've never felt more in control of my cravings! I hope to keep Bingie in his cage for the rest of his life, but am determined to take it hour by hour!

I hope that you're all doing well!

Barb
  • I come to tell you guys.... after being binge free since 12/25/06 I binged on friday and saturday
    I was trying to stay 90 days sugar free...
    But still have to remind myself this is a one-day at the time thing
    Wish me luck
    Tomorrow is another day
  • Carolva, I'm so sorry that you had a set back on your goal! I know that it's hard, but you went so far and I'm sure that you can manage to get that far and even further again. Please don't beat yourself and take it, as you said, one day at a time. It would be overwhelming to plan too many days all at once!

I'm very excited! I've made it for 1 whole week without binging! I've never been an entire week without binging or not falling majorly off of my diet, and I feel very hopeful that I can succeed now that I've managed a complete week. I know that it's still a small step, but is an important one for me.

I hope that you're all doing well!

Barb
  • Part of being good to myself means not to beat myself for the binge. Is gone, PAst Finito, nothing I can do to change it.
    The only thing I can do is TO KEEP on going
    Kepp on going to the GYM (So far I managed 2 weeks, 5-6 times per week, 60 minutes per day, not bad )
    Keep on bneing nice to self
    Keep on not stepping on the scale...
    Keep on drinking my water.
    Keep on being sugar free....
    That is the only thing I can do, keep on going, that is the only thing
    I love myself, no matter what, I wont feel like a failure, This is one battle, I will win the war
  • Also I wanted to write that after 3 weeks sugar free I weighted myself and I was 116.5# , 3.5 # less than before HUGE CHRISTMAS BINGE... So I still can get there. But NOTE TO SELF: DO NOT STEP ON THE SCALE.....
    It is a binge trigger for me.