Christian Encouragers #216

You're on Page 22 of 22
Go to
  • Hey Everyone!!!!!! WOW THIS IS SO GREAT, SO MANY NEW FRIENDS who are also Brothers and Sisters in Christ! It is wonderful to get to know all of you! I love you all!
    I went to the Doc today and they think I looked juondice so they took about 8 tubes of blood from me. Oh well. They said if there is a problem they would call me. I can exercise as much as I can tolerate. So I am going to do it .
    I wanted to:
    INVITE ALL OF YOU to come over and check out the Lord's Table Thread that Charbar started here in the faith based forum, we are all doing and just starting a free online course of study on the subject of weight loss and doing it for the right reasons and so forth.
    The LORD IS IN IT!!!! 100%!
    Come check it out and get to that web site and sign up if you want to and if you do we can as brothers and sisters in Christ be on the same page! hahaha You know like a groupie thingie! I will always come and post here 1st although, this is my home thread and always will be, you all welcomed me with loveing open arms and I felt it! Really felt it! The LOVE OF GOD IS HERE AND NOW! Thanks to all you His faithful ones in Jesus!
    Love in Christ, Gwyn
    NOT TO US, BUT TO YOUR NAME BE THE GLORY LORD! YOU ARE THE KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS AND YOU HAVE MADE US YOUR CHILDREN, THIS IS WONDEROUS IN OUR EYE'S! AND GLORIOUS IN OUR HEARTS!
  • Good Morning!
    Aw folks, I'm so glad you're lifting some weights. It's sooo good for our bones!
  • Sue: My prayers are with your dad this morning!!

Rosebud: You inspire me to get out and get walking. You do it even though you have health issues. I really don't but seem to have trouble getting out there.

elizbennet: I also like doing the Leslie tapes. I just got her "Walk and Jog" "Walk and Kick" dvd's and I enjoy them. A little variety is nice.

Lena: I am so happy for you. I have a great relationship with my DH. He has loved me through thick and thin and has never judged me about my weight. It takes a special guy to see the real us.

Jackay: So glad to see you back here. Keep posting. It sounds like you're doing awesome!

Gary: Are you on your way up here? Did you get lost? Go north for a long while and then hang a right!!

Have a super day!
  • Evening Ladies! This is the day the Lord has made - and it is good.
    Wilma, Leslie is great! Oh girl, I don't know if I can jog but I would love to try. I think I will pick up that CD when I'm out at Wally World this weekend. Jog! Now that's a new thought!
    Speaking of husbands who love us gals - even though... Well You are right in saying the Lord gave us really special fellows. They display God's love toward us. I personally do not really understand why mine loves me, but I am very grateful he does and that he is so supportive to me. GO Good Guys!!!!
    Gwyn mentioned the Lord's Table, set the captives free program, well I also signed up and I think it is awesome. Good thoughtful questions and a lot of bible back up. Well, the whole thing is bible based, bible focused. Would love to have you chicks join up too.
    My baby boy (he just turned 20) left for Botswana, Africa today on a mission trip with our church. He will return on Mother's Day, Yea! that will make that day EXTRA special. I guess now he is out over the ocean. The team teaches church members there to do evangelistic puppet shows and dramas - creative arts. Aaron will come back "in love" with the African people, ready to move over there. He is a real tender heart and they are a very friendly, gracious people.
  • Hey Elizbennet! I think that is wonderful about your boy! That is my hearts desire for my Children, I keep crying out to God for them as I know you pray for yours and all of us do! I tell you, I will not rest until I know and see that my Children are loveing the Lord God with all their hearts, with all their minds and with all their streangth!!! Amen!
    Nice to see Wilma on again too!
    SusanB it is good to exersice and lift weights!
    Lord Bless and keep you all in Jesus Name Amen!
    Love Gwyn
  • Morning everyone!
    My daughter went to the Dominican to work in an orphanage for college. It was a wonderful experience.
  • HI EVERYBODY ~ just dropping in quickly; we had a very busy day in town shopping and paying bills; so we're pretty pooped out. Beautiful sunny weather again and supposed to be a lovely weekend too.

ELIZB AND SUSANB ~ wonderful adventures for your kiddies; went to Mexico when I was sixteen and loved it! Prayers for Aaron's trip.

SUE ~ hope surgery went OK; had your Dad in my prayers. Slipped my mind about your medifast plan; of course, you would lose faster on it. DH and I joke sometimes that we've lost our memory and can't remember where we put it ~ LOL!

WILMA ~ Thanks ... hope it encourages you; I try for 20-30 minutes of some walking anywhere, at least 3-4 times a week; or more, if I can.

GWYN ~ There's a verse "Train up a child in the way he should go and when he is old, he will not depart from it". A promise from Scripture ~ Proverbs 22:6

HI TO EVERYONE ELSE ~ hope all is well; have a great weekend; take care and keep on, keepin' on ~ your fellow encourager ... ROSEBUD. (U R are in my prayers!)
  • Hi there!
    Thanks for the prayers for DAD he did well! They were able to get clean borders on the 4 basal cell skin cancers that they removed, it makes me nervous when he is sedated as he has congestive heart failure, and sleep apnea and many other health issues, but he did fine...
    Rosebud- right there with ya! with the memory loss, yeah, starting to get excited just a little over a month and I will have the surgery, I can't wait... You have an awesome weekend as well... Hi to everyone else, blessings and have a great weekend!
  • Hi everyone! Thanks for the prayers and encouraging words on my Aaron. It is a great time (for him and us) to depend on the Lord and for him to see what material blessings he has had - that everybody in this world does not have. He will work hard while there and learn many of God's truths too.
    I can't decide what type of "activity" I want to do today. I did bath Maggie yesterday, so maybe I will take her for a walk around the neighborhood - while she is clean. She is a true dog! A few minutes in the back yard and she is rolling in the grass or dirt. She just is not impressed with cleanliness!
    My older son is going canoing on Tuesday and our canoe is old, so he and my husband are out back putting in new foam in each end and cleaning it up.
    This morning a neighbor came by to see my sweet fellow, and I had to tell him to go around back and peep behind the large piece of cardboard and he would find Al hiding there. He was wanting to catch some pictures of the birds coming to the feeders. He really is quite a good photographer, it's just funny How he goes about getting his pictures. Anyway, the neighbor was like - Yea, OK, if you say so -ummm! I just laughed.
    Well girls, ya'll have a good weekend - and remember - do all you do in the name of the Lord!
  • Hi everyone!!!
    May the Goodness and Love of the Lord fill your hearts with peace and joy on this~a day that the Lord has made, we will rejoice and be glad in it!
    I went to a "Keeping a Princess Heart" Party at Church last night, I had my daughter Sheila and my two daughter in laws Anna and Rebecca with me.
    I tell you God is so good to me!!!!
    I ate what I needed and no more!!!!!!
    I am a happy camper this morning.
    The morning birds are outside my window, singing their little hearts out. I think they sing to God and glorify Him with their singing! It is so beautiful to listen to.
    I love you all and so glad to be here another day to share and love.
    Talk to you all later.
    Love in Christ, Gwyn
  • I'm struggling a bit this morning. Without details ... someone is ailing. A bad person. I'm actually pretty happy about that, countered of course by how guilty I feel about that.
    I'm so glad our God is megabetter at forgiveness than I am.
    I'm going to go walking in God's great creation and see what He will do with my mixed up heart.

Gwyn, your posts are so lovely and cheerful. You do me good!