Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2001, 09:16 PM   #31  
Beauty is within...

Hi all!

I had quite a good day yesterday. My approach is different now. I can tell that it’s no longer a battle of wills between my “weak” side and “strong” side, but just me being determined to get the body I want as and when I can. It doesn’t mean I’m slacking off, but just that I know that it’s totally up to me how I do this. Sounds silly, because that's what I was thinking before, but now I really believe it. Because I've finally accepted my body for what it is, rather than myth, bias, criticism, etc, I no longer have to fight it. I've said, well this is what I've got, I can't change that, but I CAN change how I live to improve myself. ie. for the rest of my life I will always gain weight quicker than others, so I either just let it be, be overweight, and accept it because I'm beautiful anyway, or accept that if I want to be slim I have to consciously take steps to keep myself that way. Again, I don't know if I'm making sense, but to me, it's all so clear, and..... easy, if I can say that. The pressure's off. I can now lose weight in my own time, knowing that at every step of the way I am still a great person, and me being slim has got NOTHING to do with anyone or anything except what I want.

Anyway, enough of that or you'll kick me out!

I STILL haven't exercised = last night I was going to go to the gym when Marc got home, but he didn't finish work till late, so missed out again! And I was too tired by then to do my aerobics! grrrr! Try again today! *sigh* I can't wait till this is all over and I can get back to having my own time again!

Shasta, you use more !!!! than I do! It's great, you've got such motivation and energy in your posts, it's great to read! Glad to hear that you're back on track and feeling better. You're doing enough already, I don't know where you get the time or energy to do anymore, you're amazing!

Hey Rose, don't you worry about those pics - you'll be inundated with them! hee hee What I'll do is get a whole pile scanned into the puter and then email them to you all, but that won't happen till after christmas, so you're just gonna have to wait! Good on ya for getting on your machine, you set a good example, like you say 10 minutes is better than nothing - I think I need to take a leaf out of your book too!

Talk to you all tomorrow, and thanks again for letting me ramble!
Lynne
Old 10-24-2001, 11:14 AM   #32  

Hey Everyone let's go to thread #37! We're on page two and it always loads slower so what do you say?
Closed Thread