Weight Watchers Magazine

• In the Jan issue of WWM on page 87 there is a picture of pickled veggies and the caption reads Nibble It. There is a small blurb about personalizing your favorite pickled veggies. I have never seen pickled carrots (I think that is what is in the picture), but I am a HUGE fan of dill pickles and I can several things from venison to peaches, I've even done my own V8 like drink. The pictures is of home canned goods. I don't see a recipe for the pickled veggies, did I miss it somewhere? I was wondering if anyone else spotted it among the other recipes listed and I am just missing it, or if it was just a little blurb.

If it is a blurb, has any had or canned pickled carrots? Does anyone have a recipe? I have the Ball Blue Book for home preservation..maybe a recipe is in there. I'll have to hunt the book up. It just looked fun and I thought I'd give them a try
  • Haven't seen the new issue yet. My dad used to can all types of veggies, and he also used to purchase the same type of mixture at the grocery store. In the pickle isle, there is a mixture of carrots, cauliflower and some other veggies all in one jar. They are a bit spicy, if I remember correctly, but you could possibly can them the same way you would dill pickles....that would be TASTY!
  • Hmmm, I'm gonna have to hunt up some recipes