How many eggs is too much?

• Hi ladies! I'm on day 8 of Phase I and doing pretty good, I think. I had a question about eggs...I love them and have no problem eating them, but I was wondering if every day was too much cholesterol-wise? Is it unhealthy at that point? I've been making veggie omlettes (two eggs) for breakfast on the weekends, then during the week at work I eat one hard-boiled for breakfast. Yesterday I also had one in the evening for a snack. Obviously I wont' be eating this many after I'm done with Phase I.
  • Phase one says unlimited I am sure of it...I eat quite a few myself and I dont have a cholesterol problem, as far as that goes my 97 yr old grandpa ate eggs every morning almost and he lived to be a ver spy guy, if in doubt ask your doc but otherwise I am sure you are fine
  • Well, they do have sat fat but I'd say just carry on unless you have a cholesterol problem. They are good protein, cheap and easy to fix quickly.
  • I think the better question is how many egg yolks are too much. Egg whites are fab, much lower in calories and fat. I mix up 3 egg whites and one whole egg for flavor and scramble them up. Yum!
  • I agree with Lisa mix more whites with the one yolk...I also like egg salad with lettuce as roll ups. Another day down and a new day for all of us. Good luck to you.
  • Honestly, since it's a temporary thing (P1), I'd think you're fine. However, I believe the recommendation for those watching their cholesterol is that you're fine with one a day. That said, yes, it's about yolks. So you could easily make an omelet with one yolk and several whites as someone else mentioned.

As Ruth said, however, South Beach is a great way to help reduce cholesterol issues, and as long as you are following the rest of the diet rigorously, your cholesterol should drop, so no worries.