Shapely Secrets

You're on Page 13 of 20
Go to
  • First Day!
    Hey guys... I'm new here, but I've been lurking awhile (as I waited for my Shapely Secrets videos to arrive). I found them on the kitchen table this morning (hubby opened the box ).

I wrote down my measurements, weighed myself, and watched both videos. I have to say that the time goes by SO FAST! It was VERY HARD, you really FEEL IT WORKING!, but it's over before you know it. I was very surprised.

I have recently lost 15 lbs since September 26th (due to getting braces; I have a bad bite, but straight teeth). Losing weight fast from eating less causes one to look flabby, and I wanted something that would tone me up, but I didn't want to pay money for weights, stretch bands, and I knew that I needed more than just aerobics.

It's so easy, and goes by so fast... I know it works, but I actually wanted MORE after it was done. It's over before you know it.

Right now, I'm around 170, I'm 5'9", a size 10/12. My waist is 31, my hips are 41, my thigh is 24 1/2 around, and my upper arm is 12.25. I don't have a LOT of weight to lose, but I wanna tone up. I am not unhappy with the size or shape of my body, just the jiggle. Hopefully this is help firm me up!
  • just a test
  • Well after reading the entire board about SS I am pretty sure I am going to order it. My question however is, is it better to order it online, over the phone or through a auction site like ebay? I cant really afford to be charged for supplements I dont want and all that extra stuff I've heard people are getting dooped into buying.

So far all I have seen was the progress of 1 person that went up to 3 weeks, anyone else do it longer than 2 weeks? If so what has your progress been?
  • It's a good one
    Hi,

I've been following your thread on Shapely Secrets, a program which I just received last week. If you do order it, you're going to likely put it in, and think to yourself "this is so ridiculous". I did anyway... But I've done the program 2 days in a row now, and I can REALLY feel the soreness in my muscles which is good!! Not sure what kind of results I'm going to get, since it's just day two, but I will keep you posted.
  • my SS arrived yesterday and i started reading over the material today. i plan to start monday (have a fresh/full week to test out the results). i'll weigh/measure tomorrow then start the tapes on monday...

her "secrets" book is kinda lame but it does do well as a quick reference for food selections and calorie burn numbers etc...

i'll keep y'all posted on my progress/results.

-kim

p.s. i ordered online and they only took out the amount i ordered it for (no extra charges) and it was delivered very quickly so yea... it takes them a while to process online orders but they are accurate and quickly delivered.
  • Yeah, I know what you mean by it being so ridiculously easy that you don't think it's going to work... but then, you actually feel the soreness in your muscles.

I love the face exercise. It's so funny, but I do it anyway :P

The 7 secrets are all things that I already knew, and I don't think that high volume foods necessarily make you fuller. I think high protein, high fat in low doses is a lot more satisfied. If I eat bacon and eggs for breakfast, I'm not nearly as hungry two hours later then I would be if I ate what she suggests. I'm just sayin'.
  • I'm here to report on day 3 of the SS workout.

I can really feel it, where my muscles are sore. It was particullarly hard to do today, I couldn't do the 7 minutes, so I broke up the arm exercises, and then did the leg exercises a couple of hours later.

I have been bending my legs a little bit, more, and more with every interval. That seems to feel like it's working my leg muscles a whole lot more.

The thing about it is that sure, my muscles are sore, but nothing like how sore they'd be if I was working out with weights.

I'll keep y'all posted.
  • I've been doing bodyflex (Greer's former program) for a number of years and now Shapely Secrets wtih abdonda breathing which is really the same breathing as bodyflex. I can do it even when I don't feel too well and since I have a chronic disease that is quite often. I can do it anywhere. I'm not supposed to be in the sun so that solves that problem. I really enjoy it. If you think it is not enough, there are a number of programs.........shapely secrets, SS with abdonda breathing, total body, lower body, upper body. The same goes for body flex. They were discontintuing it on HSN right before SS came out and it was only $5 for the DVD and gym bar. So there are lots of options if you look around. I didn't buy the Shapely Secrets but paid $30 for the abdonda breathing DVDs (nearly the same thing with special breathing) and find them sufficient.
  • I am starting my 7th week on SS. Here are my results so far.

Weight lost - 11 lbs
    Waist - 4 inches lost
    Hips - 3 ins. lost
    Thighs - 1 1/2 ins. lost
    Arms - 2 1/2 ins lost

It is not the results they say on TV, but I have not been totally faithful either. I do feel better physically doing the SS and I am happy with my progress so far.
  • carol,

are the exercises from body flex pretty much the same as shapely secrets? i am confused by the statements they make about the SS exercises being done just standing, etc, (like it's mostly isometric?). i did get the body flex book from the library and nearly hyperventilated trying to do the breathing, so i got really discouraged and now i'm not sure what i think........

gen

p.s. nogitsune & tryin - i think you guys are doing great!
  • Week 1:

Well, I lost 2 inches--one in my waist, and 1/4 inch in each arm & thigh. Not bad for just standing still. LOL

I haven't been especially good with my eating, so I'll try to do better this week.
  • First week check in:

I didn't gain or lose anything. My measurements are the same, but I didn't do the work out for the past three days because work has been kicking my butt! I've been working a million hours, and have no energy to do anything when I get home. Usually I have to go to bed right away, to be up early enough for the next day at work. Christmas at a flower shop is pretty crazy.

This is a bad time to start a workout regimen, but I will press on... striving toward fitness, and doing my best. It doesn't help though that I'm not losing or gaining though.

About the 167 weight... I have no idea what happened that day... I was probably just in need of a lot of water or something. I'm still 170.
  • Hang in there galaga. I know it works. I understand about not having time. This time of year is hectic. I can imagine how busy you are. I have learned not to beat myself up if I miss a couple of days, I just resolve myself to do better next week.
  • I've been slacking off, but I haven't gained weight. I also started a new job so I am now working 2 jobs. I think my body has gotten use to doing SS by itself so I have to step it up now. (I think it is boot camps fault, I get used to certain workouts easily after a couple weeks.)I decided starting today to see how well my results will be if I work out 7 times a week. I am going to save up money on here (and hopefully in real life) and when I get to my goal I will buy my avatar a makeover (hair and clothes and all.) I will post here daily what I did that day. On the 7th day I will post my results for that week. I'll post pics eventually.

Wish me luck.
    The Nogitsune

P.S. : BTW thanks for the encouragement I really needed that.
  • Anyone who has done both bf and ss, can you please tell me the difference?