Lawl Losers And Friends - January 2007

You're on Page 77 of 120
Go to
  • Megan - I love the kale chips. I actually just lay the kale out on a cookie sheet and lightly spray with olive oil (it's in a can olive oil - like Pam). Then I sprinkle a little Morton Salt and bake for 10 minutes on 350 oven. They are light and crispy. Try again.
  • Good morning everyone! I went to the COD last night and I am down another pound from Tuesday!

I have only been catching a wee bit if AI. It is uncomfortable viewing to say the least, almost like watching a car accident. Apparently there was an interview done with Simon’s mother and she said, “he was a difficult little boy”. One thing I will say, these people have absolutely NO ISSUES with self-esteem.

Byebyebluge- to the LAWL and the forum. I looked into the Dr. Bernstein plan a while ago and it was inspiring to see the kind of weight loss people were getting. However, and not only was it expensive, I knew long term that it was a lifestyle I could not sustain. I am finding for me IMHO, the LAWL is teaching me the correct way to eat. I do applaud the people that can do the Dr. Bernstein diet; it takes a lot of willpower.

Dan-You will have to post pictures of your fire fighting. Just read your post about the hamstring pull. Feel better.

Speaking of Rooster Dan, awesome Lizz, how did Curves go last night?

Ulanda-Feel better soon! Curl up with hot cup of tea over the weekend and beat that cold!

Nicole-You did the right thing calling your DH home. Electricity and plumbing are the two things I do not deal with. You never know what goes on behind the walls. I know. I am still fixing my place after 7 years, mistakes that the previous owners had done.

Barb-Sorry about the evil donut. But, you moved on so that is great.

Megan-Great NSV! I hear you about it buffets, especially Italian (my personal favourite)

Kim-I would have gone off as well. It was pretty bad at my COD the other evening as well. January being the month of resolutions, EVERY counsellor was doing profiles. I was waiting 45 minutes before a counsellor saw me. I made a point of mentioning to one of the counsellors that at least one if them should just be seeing the regular clients just to get the line moving. It all comes back to Sales folks. But I’m not bitter.

Pearl- Congrats on the new job! Awesome that you have an “in” with the wholesalers!

Kristen-We all get into the funk. I like Dan’s analogy of a “stock market” correction. This too shall pass. We need our spunky Kristen back!

To everyone else I missed, have a great weekend! (I may be online this weekend if the internet install works out)
  • Kristen - you just can't be in a funk......maybe it really is time for a Slimfast Shooter! Get some fresh air and cheer yourself up. We all need you!

Deb -
    Quote:
    I was dipping a cheese stick into PB
    As much as I love PB, that just does not appeal! Different strokes for different folks!

Lori - good luck crabbing. I wanted to make this crab dish and when I checked my local supermarket (Publix) they wanted $16.99 for the equivalent of a cup of crab (already shelled)! Happy crabbing!

Dan - hope you are feeling better. Maybe the mineral oil/metamucil concoction will help.

Pearl - congrats on the job. I'm sure the weekend will be busier. So, does that wholesale distributor have shiratake noodles??? LOL

Heather - here's wishing you a good nights sleep!!

Angie - hope your little one is feeling better.

Okay - gotta go cause I really am busy at work!! Stay strong ladies and gents; we want to see some good losses come Monday!
  • Joni or anyone else eating the kale chips.....How are you counting the kale chips? I know that 1 cup of kale counts as a vegetable, but approximately how many kale leaves is it?
  • Morning all!

Kristen- Sorry you are feeling low.

Deb- Haha, that is dang funny. So I guess that was a pretty shocking hunting trip, huh?

Sherry- HI!

Well, my DD's school just called to say that she is throwing up, so I have got to go get her. See you all later!
  • Ok, as requested, I've posted 3 pictures of my fire activities this week. The guys in orange jumpsuits are from our inmate work crew. We use them for fire fighting, land restoration and things like we did this week - burning things!

These were piles of trees we cut down over the past couple of years to help restore forest and watershed health in the mountains outside Albuquerque.

Enjoy!
  • Hey all,

I have a quick (probably stupid) question for all you seafood lovers out there. My book says that 6 oz. of crab (I am assuming the meat alone) is one serving. How much do you think that equates to in the shell? For instance, if I go to Red Lobster and order 1 lb. of crab legs, how much meat is really in there? 6 oz.?8 oz.? I'm sure it probably varies, but roughly speaking. I just can't imagine bringing my little food scale with me and weighing as I go
  • Joni.......I tried the Kale chips last week.........I didn't like them, but DH and DD #2 ate them up. It is always good to try new things twice, so I will try again soon.

I hate my health insurance. They barely cover mental health. It's like they say they do to be politically correct, and then the fine print says, "sure, we'll pay 50 cents a year, you're a nut job, you won't notice." My 16 yo. needs to see her psychiatrist again, and since it is a new calendar year, we get to meet the $500 deductable again. We had just gotten there in December. After that, they pay 50%. It wouldn't be so bad, but 3 members of our family have to meet their deductables before we are free and clear. What usually happens is every kid gets to like $475 in December, and then the year turns. It's such bull****. Yeah, I swore.....you wanna go????? This angers me A LOT. I studied this crap in nursing school.......had a whole class on insurance. We are what is known as an "underinsured" family. Our regular medical is OK, but heaven forbid we should need to seek mental health care. Don't they know about preventative care??????????? WTF????

Ok, I am done. I talked to billing, and I set up a monthly payment. They did suggest I call our local social services office to apply for medicaid. I wasn't offended, just frustrated, cuz we fall in the crack of "too rich for assistance, and too poor to pay the bills on time." I guess I wasn't done......LOL

Now, I am really done. I made SF pistachio pudding last night, and ate it with FFCW. That was dumb. It is 70 cals per serving. BUT DAMN GOOD!!! Oh well.........I only ate one serving, and I wanted the whole bowl!!! LOL

I should just stop, cuz I am in a funk myself. I am really just angry about insurance right now, and I woke up with what I like to call "crank neck." My neck gets all out of whack sometimes.........it hurts to move my head. I wish I had a muscle relaxer..........hey Cassi..........LOL, just kidding. If I took one, I'd be sleeping until tomorrow. I cannot even take a child's dose of benedryl or I"m done for the day. After my C-section with 4 yo DS, I couldn't even take percaset (sp). It made me want to throw up, so it was vicodin for me.....and only 1 at a time, or it was all over. WOW, I had too much caffeine this morning. I am flyin'. K, gotta go do the dishes.......such an exciting life, huh? I will do personals later (when I am not quite so b*****.)
    xo
  • Heather CP - wow! Once again we should call you an Angel. You are providing a fantastic service and those kiddos are lucky to have you!

Dan, I missed it somewhere.. Where did you post your pictures? As a pyro at heart and former wildland firefighter (12 years in Montana, Idaho, and California), I love pictures of burning things!

All the puking kiddos around here - blecchhh. I took my kiddos to Burger King last night and watched a kid run outside and puke (thankfully he made it, and didn't upchuck in the playland... blecchhh. Bad news is that he went right back in and started playing again. Mom didn't even care. Thankfully we were not playing, just eating. 10 year old DS was MORE than interested though.... questions about texture, volume etc... ensued. Can you say "instant loss of appetite"?

A shocking hunting trip indeed! Poor doggy. I once made my little brother pee on an electric fence. What a good big sister I was!

Pearl, congrats on the job (now I have to go back and read what it is!)

Off to WI and then try to figure out if I am driving over Snoqualmie Pass this weekend, (DS has hockey games in Seattle) or if I am going to make DH do it, and I stay home with DD, who has hockey games here. I am such a wimp about driving in nasty weather...
  • hey, do y'all think SF pistachio pudding would count as a dairy and a starch?
  • ^^ They are posted in the member galleries area.. At least I think that's where I ended up putting them...
  • Those are cool photos, Dan.. I had to re-read your post though, I thought your post said that the inmates were used for different purposes.. as in, you send them out into the forest and then you guys try to rescue them.
  • Nicole- Does you DH's job offer an EAP (Employee Assistance Plan)? Most employers do, but it is not very well known. It is specifically for mental health. Usually employees and their families qualify for a certain number of sessions per year, and it is usually free. If your DH's job has a Human Resources Dept, this would be the place to inquire. Good luck!
  • Hello everyone! Just wanted to share my successful WI with everyone this morning. I'm down one whole pound from Monday. Woohoo!! It was so nice to see the 150's again. I guess 3.6 pounds in two weeks isn't too shabby, but on other diet plans I usually lost about that much in the first week. I think part of my problem is overuse of Lean Cuisines and not enough lemon water. I need to do better there.

I'll probably regret this, but my center manager talked me into buying some biscotti today. At least, they are affordable at $6/box!! She said that she often recommends those to folks who can't (or won't) eat the bars but have sweet cravings. Won't be able to try any today because I've used up my starches.

I also told her I'd been craving buffalo chicken wings. And, she told me that if ONCE IN A WHILE I wanted to indulge, I could make my own at home and broil or bake them. They don't recommend dark meat chicken, but she said once in a while would not be the end of the world. She said that a serving of dark chicken would be the same as my beef serving...2 ounces lower than a white meat chicken serving. I also see that the cookbook for Buffalo Chicken Tenders, so that might be helpful as well.

Well, back to work I go. Hope everyone has a POP day!!
  • Thanks for the Kale tip, Joni, I'll definitely try it again tonight with the olive oil spray.

Just got back from WI...down another .2. Teensy baby steps, but they're steps in the right direction!