Lawl Losers And Friends - January 2007

You're on Page 61 of 120
Go to
  • Deb - 80 lbs! Amazing! And to think that you were struggling a week or so ago... it's just more proof that if we stick with it, we can lose weight.

Joni - I watched Bob Greene on Oprah yesterday - good 'ole Bob's got his mug on all sorts of food now, doesn't he! LOL. Actually, maybe it was me, but he seemed a little full of himself on the show yesterday (of course, I'd probably be full of myself too, if my picture was on all of those packages of food).

Kristen - I know that I said WTG on the 40 already, but I just wanted to add that your enthusiasm and committment have really helped me out this past month or so.. so ... thanks, neighbor-to-the-north! (the rooms are always ready for a visit...)

Heather - good to hear from you, sounds like your house is busy as usual! Check in when you can, we are still here....
  • Morning all - Cassi - how long before you get the results from your MRI?

Okay - slowly but surely I am trying ways to motivate myself. I joined the Cupid Challenge and since I've been whining about being "bored" on the program lately, I decided to mix things up a little bit. I am still going to follow LAWL (I'm officially out of weeks, so I'm on my own) but I am also going to watch my calories and keep a log on fitday. I did a bunch of calculations and need to keep my calories at about 1500 in order to lose 1 lb a week. The other pound I HOPE to lose each week will have to come from exercise Oh well, it's a plan. And every day that I keep my diary and stay at my calorie count, I get to buy myself a Lottery ticket. I can see me now, rich AND skinny!
  • Rich pretty Kinga Joni!

I like the sound of that!
  • G'morning everyone!

Ok.. So I'm starting the week determined to stay POP, get my exercise in and kick this challenge in the *** (use of bad language here is a motivator!)!!

The pink hearts make me feel so manly!

Good suggestion Angie, Thanks!
  • Quote:
    Rich pretty Kinga Joni!
    LOL Kim - hey, are you going to get your hair braided while on vacation? That would make a fun, new avatar!!

Quote:
    The pink hearts make me feel so manly!
    Dan, you are definitely a man with great confidence! LOL!!
  • Good morning all, just stopping by to say hello to everyone. I still have a lot of posts to catch up on, but I did catch Cassi's, and I wanted to say that my thoughts and prayers are with your community and your DD. Take Care!

Here's a before picture:
    me052004.bmp

Here's a picture of me taken in October 2006
    me in october 2006.bmp

Sorry the images are so small.

• Quote: LOL Kim - hey, are you going to get your hair braided while on vacation? That would make a fun, new avatar!!

Uh, no... not a good look on me... Think Mrs. Potato head with cornrows....
  • Deb - Not just 80 pounds.... 81 POUNDS!!!

Dan - I haven't bowled since I sprained my knee bowling a year ago! Thought I had broken it. Took six months to heal, then low and behold - sprained the other one stepping in a hole in the backyard in June - and it's JUST this past week allowed me to sleep without taking 3 advil every 4 hrs! So, I'll be back bowling but to be honest, I'm gonna wait a few more POUNDS!!!! I have to say though, I'm a pretty good coach - my ODS's avg is 165 and my YDS's is 146. Not bad for only bowling a little over a year... (okay - bragging over!)

Emmysmom - 3 - 3 yr olds!!! Wow, I hope nobody reports her to the authorities!!! That's a crime where I live!

Katie - those two bags of dogfood - for me, I could name those twins Gutt and Butt!

Christine - I'm with you! What a bunch of gorgeous days!!! You have chickens?!? What fun! I know absolutely NOTHING about them but as many eggs as I buy - I should have a few! Excuse my snob remark but... your avatar looks so glamorous that I was shocked to hear you had chickens! Okay, I repent for the country snobbery! Forgive me! It looks like we "could" get some real winter weather soon, so button down the hatches! (Or in your case... the coops?!?)

Twopugs - Let add one that I use all the time... ODS - Oldest dear son; YDS - youngest dear son.

Joni - I'm not sure who it was... but someone here said they drink it regularly - and it DOES have major health benefits, so I made it a mini goal of mine since I NEVER drank it last year...

Princess Heather - GREAT to see you again!! Come on girlfriend - YOU CAN DO IT!!!

Joni - remember me when you strike it rich! I don't need much!

Evette - You look amazing! Great new photo! Why don't we have a smilie that drools?!?

Well, dh and I have been struggling this past 2 weeks with gaining and losing the same 4 pounds! He had a great weigh in the other day and then yesterday - he was up 4 pounds! What the heck?!? Well - we're not quitting! We're just gonna keep on keeping on!!! Thanks Deb for the example!!!

We didn't take the applications in yesterday as our friend wasn't working, but she is today, so we'll run them up there today.

JM - I know you've got a lot going on... but where are you!??

Gotta go fix breakfast for my HLSB! Twopugs: that's Honey Love Sugar Babe at my house!
    Blessings everyone!
  • Joni -- That sounds like a great plan. I love your idea of rewarding yourself with lottery tickets, so much, that I just may steal it!

Evette -- Wow, what a big difference you've make to your body/life! The pics are small, but I can see the dramatic changes. What kind of exercise did you start with, and what do you do now? Just curious...I need to get my butt moving.

Pearl -- You are so funny, your posts always make me smile.
  • Hey guys, I just wanted to say Thanks for the words of encouragement. Today I am back OP, hope I can keep it going. I think it was something about being snowed in all weekend. Ugh. Got to my car this morning and the doors were frozen shut..ugh. What a weekend. Again, thank for the encouraging, and let go for a POP week.
  • Quote: Evette -- Wow, what a big difference you've make to your body/life! The pics are small, but I can see the dramatic changes. What kind of exercise did you start with, and what do you do now? Just curious...I need to get my butt moving.
    Hi Suziewan, I started out doing Tae-bo then was doing the elliptical. Now a days I'm doing my strength exercises on my ball (you know those big work out balls you can sit on?) and just walking.
  • Quote:
    Joni -- That sounds like a great plan. I love your idea of rewarding yourself with lottery tickets, so much, that I just may steal it!
    Angie - I actually got the idea from an article in Women's World magazine...so, by all means, steal it and remember me when you win!
  • Those that are struggling and are competitive, how about making a challenge with someone close to you, this is what I did with my DH.

When I first started, My DH made a deal with me, If I lost 50 lbs., he would quit chewing (tobacco that is). I put a pic of me at my heaviest on the fridge and then once a week I would print a copy of my ticker and post it on the fridge on the right side of my ticker. That really helped me out and it was something I saw everytime I went to the fridge to remind me of what I was working for. DH did quit chewing, but unfortunately has started again , but hey, I kept my end of the deal plus more. Which reminds me, after DH had quit chewing, we made a deal that for every week he was clean he would get $50 put into a savings account, because that was what he was spending on chewing tobacco a week. It took me 6 months to lose 50 lbs., so he had to stay clean for 6 months and he could have all the money to put towards his car he is restoring. If he did not stay clean for 6 months, then I got the money. So I guess I have $300 waiting for me in the savings account.
  • Oh, Cassie……..what a super bummer about your DD’s friend. My 16 yo does not have her liscense yet, but is very anxious to get it. Two of her close friends have theirs, and I just don’t have any clue how I am going to let her grow up. I just keep thinking………’she is just not ready to drive alone…….what if she looks away at the wrong time………’ It is terrible…and then you hear about horrible accidents like the one that happened to you DD’s friend, and……..well……..I know it is all in God’s hands, but it is very difficult to let our children grow up, isn’t it? Oh, did you get any results from the MRI? I hope everything is ok.

Thanks for the sweet compliments on my avatar everyone. You are all so very thoughtful. Now, we just have to wait for Cassi. I know, I know……..it’s hard to find the time when there is so much going on in life. Honestly, the only reason I finally got mine up is because my brother’s girlfriend brought her camera with her, and she had this pic on it from the holidays.

p.s. LOVE Debbie Downer J

Angie……….I am sure you will do great on the Valentine’s Day challenge. Aren’t you doing the slim down too?

Pearl……..I cannot believe your weather. It is only 22 here, and we are usually VERY mild. We had freezing rain, power outages, and it even tried to snow here today!!!

Katie…….so glad you are getting your salary. Do you think working at a daycare or doing home daycare was tougher on you? Cuz, when I did home daycare……..I truly felt like it was THE most difficult job I ever did. Good for you on the cake. I know I have said this before, but I LOVE CAKE, and cake is one of my weaknesses. Great NSV in my eyes J

Carol…….so sorry to hear your COD sucks!!!! Just kidding, but that is terrible that they don’t have any stock. I’m sure it is really difficult to stay POP without lites!!! Keep your chin up……..and maybe check out Ebay for supplies J

Kytravelbabe……..I think it’s time to go to your COD……..LOL!!!

Wendy…..congrats on your loss this week. It am not trying to contradict your COD, but you may want to go “bar free” for two weeks. It takes at least 3 days to even clear your body of a food, and I would think you would need more than 4 days for your skin to heal and notice if it stays healthier. It is only my opinion, but you may get a clearer result if you give it a bit more time both off and on the bars J

Ulanda……..are you still off coffee and diet soda? If so, how is that going? Do you suppose caffeine has anything at all to do with your stall? I have no clue, the idea just crossed my mind. I am NOT suggesting you add caffeine back in….LOL. I know this stall will pass. You can do this J

KRISTEN!!!!!!!!!!!! So so so proud of you!!! WHOOOHOOOOO!!! This is going to make you even MORE successful for the challenge!!! You are awesome. An LAWL poster girl for sure J WTG WTG WTG!!!

Libby…….WOW, 5.2!!! That is soooo awesome!!! Success=success!!! WTG!

Meagan…….good to see you back here………now STAY PUT……we missed you!!!!

Oh, Donisha, honey…….TOM and a couple of days off plan 4 pounds does make. Do not fear………most, if not all, of it is water. It will be ok. It really will. Stay focused on the long term……….and tomorrow, everything will be alright. J

Megan………do you find that is is kind of difficult to get in all of your foods on the weekends? Sometimes, I think that is why I have little cheats on sat and sun. I totally get too busy to eat, and then the cravings come. Glad you still have a positive attitude. The brain is half the battle!!!!

Jenn…….don’t feel too bad…….I really haven’t had much of a total loss for about a month also. I have bounced around a lot, and you have to admit, a lot of that is just from the darn month of December. It’s good you are getting back into the swing of things J

Stephanie………….congratulations on graduating the the 150’s. That is awesome!!!

DEB……………80 pounds!!! You are absolutely incredible. I know you have been working a LONG time on this plan, and you are truly an inspiration to me. WTG!!!

Dan………we all have these kinds of funks. Nothing is going to make you do it, until you just DO IT!! Well, not IT, but you know what I mean. One week of POP REALLY empowers you. Also, little challenges, like the Valentines Day one, or the slimdown really seem to get me motivated. I like to win!!! LOL! Sometimes, looking at the long term is just too overwhelming. Sometimes, I also pretend that I am already to my goal, and staying OP will keep me thin. I know it seems silly, but somedays, being a fatty is just too hard to deal with.

Lori……….you will get through this too. YOU CAN DO IT!!!!

Barb………I just have to say….it is sooo nice to see how your attitude has changed since you first started posting on this board. You are so full of energy and you have so many encouraging things to say to all of us. You are a true asset to us, and you are going to be soooo successful! WTG!!! How are the workouts coming along?

Christine…….are you a farmer?????

Nance………..such a hottie……….glad you are still kicking butt. You have been OP about a month longer than me…….so keep up the good work, so I know I, too, will progress J

Joni…..to be honest, I don’t’ even know who Bob is. I wish I could catch Oprah sometimes, but she is on at 4 p.m. and that is the start of the “witching hour.” It is actually the “witching 3 hours,” but that just sounds too long. From 4 until 7 here in the evening, it is crazy. Between the kids getting home, dinner, homework, chores, and catching up with everyone’s days………..I about lose my mind daily. How have you been doing? I so look forward to your posts J

Wow, Heather, a full house. How is the baby? Was she detained at birth? I am super curious about foster care. I cannot do it, as I have many of my own children, but I think it is an AWESOME thing to do!!!

Congratulations Nikki……….no, not for going off plan……but for getting right back to it. This is how thin people act. They don’t eat perfectly……..but they don’t “eat it cuz they HAVE to,” either. That is a great NSV, and a huge determinant of your future success!!! WTG!

Kim………..Mrs. Potato head with braids……c’mon now……..I think you would look adorable with braids. Are you surviving the slimdown challenge? I am, but I totally think TO sucks. I really like food.

Joni……rich and skinny………..fab plan. I love it.

Dan, personally, I like the swear words J

Evette………you are looking sooooo gorgeous. You just look happy. I am so glad you keep checking in with us. We would really miss you if you didn’t. WTG on all of your successes J
  • Thanks all for the kudo's and WTG's. You all are the greatest!!!!

This weather thing is really weird. How often is Montana warmer than Phoenix, AZ?? I hope that all of our mid westerners and Northern Chicks and rooster Sask are all safe and warm with those freaky ice storms going on.

HeatherCP- So good to see you pop in. Hopefully you can find some balance in your life between taking care of those beautiful foster children and living healthier. How are you liking your new house?

Angie- I think that the free cookbook when joining is just up in Canada, I remember others saying that a while back. But yea, it would be nice if it was part of the sign up package.