Lawl Losers And Friends - January 2007

You're on Page 51 of 120
Go to
  • I'm with you Kim--I eat my yogurt in the car on the way. I swear I could get up 5 hours before I have to leave and still be running behind!
  • At least you have kids to blame it on, Lea Ann! I'm just an AM slacker!
  • Hahaha I'm the same way Kim. I do somehow manage to get breakfast in and out on time (getting up an hour and a half earlier than I should helps that one) and the yogurt on the bus sounds good. It will atleast hold me until lunchtime.
  • Hi everybody! Hope everyone's day is POP.

Kristen -- Way to go on the 24 inches lost!

I'm anxious about this weekend. I guess I should plan everything out now, as much as possible, and then try to prepare stuff tonight. I want to leave little room for excuses.

I need to buy myself a lunch bag and a little cooler bag too in case we are out for a day.

Do you guys have any good strategies for busy weekends?
  • I don't think I could eat reverse-meals...it has been a big adjustment for me to eat everything I do for breakfast because I am just not hungry....besides after I hit snooze 5 times I am usually pressed to get out the door so it all goes in the lunchbox!! (I have to be at work at 6am) Coffee is my inspiration in the morning!!
  • I am sort of doing the reverse meal thing as well (though not intentionally). I know if I plan my breakfast right, I am full pretty much right up until lunch, I usually only have salad with protein at lunch, and by the time dinner rolls around I either have an LA Slim if I am excercising that night or a really light meal. I find I am sleeping much better when I do it this way. Go figure.
  • Quote: Okay, major challenge here. We have 3 birthdays today at the day care. I had to dish up 30 bowls of bakery cupcakes and chocolate ice cream. Nearly killed me. I know myself with stuff like that though. I cannot stop with a taste, so I did not even lick my fingers. Instead I ate a bowl of strawberries with ff cool whip. I am thrilled that I have done well so far, but there are 4 left over. I think that I will put them in the freezer right now.
    Oh, Katie.........good for you. I LOVE CAKE......and I can't do just a taste either. This is a fab NSV for you!!!!
  • Pearl - Guess what I saw this morning? Two dwarf iris' in the flower bed by the house IN BLOOM!! Must be from our warm weather!! Next week they will probably all die and we'll have a horrible bulb season.

Wish me luck tonight everyone - it is our monthly date night. We get together with other couple and go out which typically includes dinner and drinks.... I know what I can eat but it is the wine that will be tough....

Christine
  • Kristen: that stinks that the center has been out of things for so long.
    24inches!!!!!!!!! WAY TO GO!

Nicole: My fiance is the same way, he fixes things all the time. WAY TO GO ON WI!!!!!!!! That is awesome

Pearl: I cant wait to try the 'lo mein' recipe

Tina: 4 lbs AWESOME!

kytravelbabe: I am glad to hear you liked the noodles. My bag is sitting in the fridge. I have to try them.

Nikki: Good to see you back!!!!!!!!

Katie: I am the same way with cupcakes and ice cream.... WAY TO GO on that NSV of eating the strawberries and ff cool whip instead.

I am looking forward to the slim down challenge!!!!!!!!!!
  • Thanks guys for all of the encouragement. I did freeze the extra cupcakes, and have had a POP day. I am glad that I made it over this hurdle, because now I can face my DS and DF's birthday party on Sunday. I am making the LAWL Chicken and Dumplings to serve, my mom is worrying about the cake so that I do not have to. I am making Sommers turkey melts for dinner. YUMMY!
  • Kim - I don't do reverse, just my days are weird! I get up around 9-10a.m. and I'm up until around 3-4 a.m. So, I have PLENTY of time to get my food in!

Christine - (Love the pic! You're a beauty!) I know about the flowers! I'm sure you heard the cherry blossoms are out in DC! It's gonna be a really sad spring if everything comes out now just in time to die with a quick frost! And I'm SICK (can you say sick!) of rain and they're calling for it almost every day this coming week!!! YUK!!! Okay. I know. It could be snow or ice... just let me have my moment... okay, I've over it!

Barb - With the soy sc - be sure to drink the lemon water even though there's not too much of it! This recipe will be one of our staples since we eat so VERY little pasta!

Katie - I'm so proud of you!!! I KNEW this was going to be YOUR YEAR!!!

Okay, back to work...
  • Hey gang...

Well, I made it out pretty much unscathed from the BBQ lunch.. I'll admit I had a few fries,but I limited my meat intake and drank like 5 pint sized glasses of water with lemon.

We'll see how things go tomorrow with WI in the morning.. Unfortunately, food takes a few days to add actual weight to the body so I won't really know until Monday if I made it out in good shape..

Luckily, this weekend should be low key, with no major activities, so we should be POP...
  • I just wanted to say thanks to Deb for posting the recipe for Ricotta Pancakes. What a great recipe!! I used it this morning, and couldn't believe how good they were. It is a great way to use a protein. I like starches in the morning, but they never stick with me like protein does. This felt like I was eating a starch, but worked like a protein! (That's my endorsement!! LOL)

Glad to see everyone is posting lots and doing well.
    Dan, You exercised great willpower at the BBQ. Way to go!

Katie, Good for you and your approach to the cupcakes! I'm proud of you.

It is so good to hang out with others who are making good choices. I have a great friend whom had become a partner in crime - we used to join in and think it was okay to cheat as long as we did it together...where's the logic?? (we don't do that anymore!)

Kristen-You are hitting Milestones like crazy!! I am jealous of your success. (or maybe I admire your success would be a better description than jealous ) Did the delivery guy show up, or was he mugged on the way??

Boo's Mom - I'm actually finding that I stay better POP when I do eat heavier, more filling in the first half of the day (it's hard to put the effort into larger meals in the morning, though!) I like your quote.

Pearl - Good luck with the position at the church (I'm sure no luck is needed!)
    Keep those recipes coming.
    I really like hearing what recipes you like. I've never really enjoyed cooking, and dislike trying new recipes without a recommendation from someone who has tried it.

Nicole - Your DH sounds like such a great guy. You deserve each other. I've been meaning to ask you how your oldest DD is doing, I've been thinking about her ....

Everyone I've missed (nothing personal, my brain only goes a few directions at a time..lol), I hope you have a great, POP weekend.

Well, I'm off to go plan some menus......Nite eveyone
  • Good Morning Everybody!

Finally went into the COD yesterday to WI. Up 0.6. Not too bad, considering that when I WI on Saturday, I had gone in shorts & a tank top, and when I WI yesterday, I had on heavier clothing, and it was also later in the day.

I had to meet with the new manager, and of course she's sitting there trying to sell me lites, Excel, and every other product that they sell. (This coming from a 95 lb woman, who I doubt ever had to do LAWL)
    When she went to "help" me with my meal plan, she, of course, incorporated 1 lite per day (knowing perfectly well that I don't have any lites left).

Anyways, CONGRATS to all those that have lost this week!!

to those who still have to WI.

We can do this!!

BTW - KATIE - WTG on the NSV with the cupcakes!!
  • Good Morning!!

I think I had a pretty good night last night - I had a little extra wine but not too bad - ordered some ceviche and a house salad. I walked through all the art displays and DID NOT eat one bite of all the snacks they had.....big NSV for me!! So I got my lemon water (from the ceviche) and my exercise!!

Have a wonderfel POP day everyone!!

Christine