Lawl Losers And Friends - January 2007

You're on Page 36 of 120
Go to
  • Welcome Denverchick!!!!
    You made a great decision by joining LAWL and being here will give you the motivation and inspiration you need.
    Before you know it we'll all be at goal, right?!
  • Day 2 of TO with oranges is almost over and it was really easy. Great suggestion on doing the oranges instead of the juice. I'm still working on my last orange...I feel like I've been eating all day so that's a good thing!

I got my teeth cleaned this morning, my braces fixed this afternoon (no more Kashi protein rolls) so I'm all fixed up! Think I'll go hit the treadmill while my DD watches Rudolph and the the Island of the Misfit Toys for the gazillionth time!
  • Pearl: Were they being funny????

WELCOME Denverchick!!!!!!!! We are here for support, friendship, laughs. This is a great site and I am glad you are here!

Alannah: I am sorry to hear of your troubles. I hope that things get better!
  • Went to the Doctor. They did an EKG and found nothing abnormal so I dont know why my heart was acting weird during the last few migraines. Talked to her about LAWL and she said she heard it was a good program. I told her that they push their bars and such and she said she thought there was to much sugar in them and she takes each person as an individual case if they ask her about the program and the bars.... She said she has seen a couple of people on them. I told her I was not doing their supplements and she said that was fine but to make sure I get the excerise in.

Well have a good night everyone. I will post tomorrow.
  • Hey all!
    About the job description... it was literally posted on their website and there was more than just that on it that made me raise an eyebrow! So, going with my gutt - I didn't apply. I learned a LONG time ago to listen to my spirit man and it would never fail me... so that's what I did. DH had a funny feeling about it too. Unfortunately, we do know OF the pastor there and there is NO sense of humor in the pulpit or within his immediate circle of associates. It never hurts to check things out first - thank Him I did!

I keyed two hours and all of a sudden, my software closed and I lost everything I had keyed! (this is where Nicole would insert plenty of great words for me!) %*(#&(@!!! Man that really messed up my day AND my attitude!!! I've got it programmed to autosave every 2 min. and even that is no where to be found... Nicole - I really need some words!!!

Well, since I'm now going to be four hours behind... gotta go!
    Blessings,
  • Welcome Denvrchik.....Congrats on making a good choice on WL programs! You can AND WILL succeed.

Oh, Megan, get rid of those cookies asap! That's just more temptation than anyone should have to handle. Why do they sell those darn things right after the New Year?

Emmysmom - I, too, really enjoyed all the oranges last time around. A definite repeat for me. I just got off the treadmill (finally watched my taped Desperate Housewives). I'm feeling sort of crummy, but I still did 3 miles in a little over 45 minutes. Better than nuttin!

Pearl.....in Nicoles absence, just type a bunch of asteriks!

Nite y'all - I'm going to take some Nyquil (I just fell something coming on!) and call it a night; boot camp again tomorrow at 5:15 AM and it's supposed to get down to about 25 degrees! Class is outside, so I'm thinking about 4 layers will be needed.
  • My goodness you are fast typers! I'm tied up for two days and come back to about 12 pages to catch up on! I am not even going to attempt to compete with dear Cassi.. it would take me a week and by then you'd have all posted another 40 pages!
    Well I was down again yesterday to 183 something so have had about 6 lbs over the last two weeks. Hope for more success tomorrow but TOM visited so who knows! Made a real point to walk this weekend for my TBL challenge and it may have helped on the scale. Have been POP and started night school and another round of teaching so have been tired but no cheating.
    My big victory. Went shopping with my mom yesterday to return some things to a plus store I bought b4 holidays. Their smallest size is now too big for me. But as most of the stores here seem to make all their clothes for a size 0-2 I bought some dress pants etc to see me through the next few months of work. My mom then wanted to go to a store called Cleo. I used to walk by it every day when I worked downtown and always dreamed of shopping there when I lost weight. She went in to try some things and said oh just try on this top. I left with two bags of clothes!! For the first time since university.. many many years ago I was able to buy clothes not in a plus store. I literally teared up in the dressing room.
    So for all the newbies it is DOABLE.. the COD are where you spent your money but this site is where you will find your determination, accountabilty, motivation and most importantly your support.
    Have missed you all over the last few days and hope to catch up this week.
    Pearl I am sorry and sending you a big cyber hug.

Everyone else keep up the great work!
  • OMG KRISTEN THAT MADE ME TEAR UP!

I simply cannot WAIT for the day when I can go shopping with my friends for cute clothes in regular stores. I HATE shopping now, when that changes (which it WILL) my poor credit cards lol. Anyway, congradulations!! you sure deserve it
  • Barb and Pearl - I went to the center today and asked for someone different to change it up, and I got a wonderful person to help. I talked to her about my experience and that I have gotten more support on this website from you folks, than the whole time I have been on LAWL. She was great and gave me 3 other names of "cheery" counselors who are on LAWL also, and I can request them when I go in. So thank you. And, I got the cookbook, so that will be great, not so much thinking when I'm cooking, I can just read the recipes. Tonight we're having Tilapia Italiano! And, I lost 2 lbs to boot! Thanks a lot for your help and support.

Denverchick- You are almost exactly where I was at when I started, you can do it, this LAWL really works, finally a program that just teaches food groups and portions, so simple, but I didn't do it until I was on LAWL. And this website is so supportive, I just discovered it myself, wish I had known about it when I started a year or so ago. Hang in there, one day at a time, and each day is a new day. Congratulation for doing this for yourself!
  • Good Evening All

Things haven't been going so hot lately in the food department. I have decided to go back to the COD. My DH and I have committed to quit smoking. My goal is to not gain anymore weight and get back down to 140 in the process. I don't think I can be accountable unless I go back in. I will need to pay $49 to rejoin and only have to pay for weight loss weeks $5 a week. When I first went throug(4 years ago), I bought a "lifetime" membership. I am not sure if they have them any more. The Dr. prescribed a new pill for us called Chantix. It is fairly new, I think it was approved in August. Last time I quit smoking I gained 10 of the pounds I am trying to lose. So Here goes!

I can't believe how busy the boards have been......it's awesome. I was computerless for a few days and need to catch-up. Sorry about not doing many personals. I have only read the most up to date page.

Kim- I love Jamaica, we got married there at the Whitehouse Sandals. We try to get back to Jamaica every year. I love,love,love the sandals experience. There is nothing else that even comes close in my mind. But of course I may be biased on that, due to the wedding.

DenverChick-Welcome aboard

Barb-What COD do you go to? I will go to Coon Rapids.

Emmysmom-Congrats on TO, I like it best with the oranges too. I think it is easier to be eating oranges then "juicing" as my DH calls it.

To everyone else hello and congrats on melting away.

Krystal

• Kristen-
    Congrats, that is so awesome!!! What a moment for you. Way to go.
  • Congratulations Kristen, that is awesome...you gave me the biggest smile my face has had all day.
  • I got home from work tonight and we had NO power....kids were outside riding the four-wheeler saying they were hungry..... OK ..... Chinese was the choice..... I got a pint of chicken/broccoli - ate half - with an extra side of broccoli and only ate the 1/4 c of white rice. I am sitting here drinking my lemon water feeling guilty.....and then I read Kristen's post and got tears in my eyes... what a moment for you Kristen! ) I already felt bloated....I am DREADING my WI tomorrow....but on a lighter note as I was making my lemon water all of my precious teens asked for some! LOL! I made four cups of hot lemon water!!
  • Ahhh...Girl Scout Cookies...I know I couldn't resist them if they were in my house.

Wow Joni - 3 miles in just over 45 minutes! I can't wait to be in that good of shape again! I just got doing 1.75 miles in 30 minutes.

WTG Krispie!!! You should be so very proud of yourself. What a great NSV!!!

I've never been to Jamaica...actually, I've never been outside of the US. But I would love to take my DD to Sandals Beaches resort. I think that would be a blast with all the Sesame Street characters...it's funny how your idea of "fun" changes when you become a parent!
  • Chrisine - Chug the lemon water (with company, it seems) and move on. When we order chinese, I order shrimp and veggies steamed and then ask for the sauce on the side. When you dip the veggies and shrimp into the sauce you probably use about 2T. Portion out your rice and you can enjoy the whole order of shrimp and veggies. By the time you are done with that, the rice seems inconsequential. The biggest thing for me was getting over the egg roll thing. I found that after giving it up for a month, when I went to have one, it didn't taste the same (one of the few things that don't - I'm still waiting for McDonalds fries to have that "no good" taste ). Every once in awhile I will treat myself to a wonton soup, but just chug the water. You'll do fine. You may be up on the scale, but most of it will be water/salt. Chicken and broccoli aren't bad for you. Keep chugging the water and you can look forward to a good WI the next time.