Lawl Losers And Friends - January 2007

You're on Page 32 of 120
Go to
  • I am almost to bed.....but ladies, have any of you check out Candice's picture on the bio thread. It is a Christmas picture of her family, and it is ADORABLE!!! Check it out!!!
  • Cassi- I actually have the book and LOVE it! I usually make my own chic. parm. (I use the bread crumb mix in the book to bread them and I size the chicken, sauce and cheese according to plan- delicious. I just used the tenders instead of breast so it gives the illusion of more food). My boyfriend LOVED one of your recipes (cheeseburger/fries casserole).. unfortunately I did too so I binged on it.. now he takes home the leftovers lol, better safe then sorry!

I just have a quick question, I tried the lemon water using the bottled juice (I also used 3 splenda packets, I thought it was going to taste awful so I was prepared) and I was puckering so I might lighten it up. Anyway, last time I did it using real lemons I was in the bathroom 8 times in one hour. (sorry :/) This time, it was only once. Was it less effective or something? I perfer the taste of the bottled juice much more over using the real lemons but I'm afraid it does not work as well? What are your experiences with it?

thank you ALL and have a great night!
  • Pearl: I am sorry to hear about your pup!

I got up 20 minutes early and went to work to workout. I worked out for 30 minutes then took a shower. I wanted to see how long it would take me to do everything and I realized that I can work out for 40 minutes a day b/c it does not take me long to shower ( I dont wear makeup or do my hair for work so it is just the quick shower and get dressed)... Working out at work here I come!

I did really well POP except I had one extra glass of wine but oh well. I think I may do that slimfast optima and cheese stick in the mornings especially the days I work out!

I hope you all have a great day!
  • Good morning all. At work today, but with good drugs! Looking forward to a POP day!

Pearl – Once again, you are too kind. I am so sorry to hear about your dog. I know it’s no consolation, but it sounds as if she went peacefully.

Debbie – WTG staying OP. Just take it day by day, my friend.

Nicole – I meant the invitation. Your family sounds just as crazy as mine, so there would be no need to stand on ceremony. J

Nikki – Good idea about the chicken tenders for the parmesan. I will have to try it. I know when I make the tenders, the portion seems huge. The cheeseburger casserole wasn’t my recipe, but I did make it, and it IS YUMMY. I know what you mean about leftovers. I made this baked ziti over the weekend and it keeps calling out to me. I told DH to make sure he takes it to work, and am putting the pan in the garage refrigerator until it’s gone. As for the lemon water, I’ve only used real lemons, so I have no idea about that one. I’m sure someone will chime in, though.

Barb – WTG w/the workout. I am wishing you consistency! I know that on the days Holly worked out, she added a shake or smoothie from Trader Joe’s before the workout and then ate the rest OP. What do you do that you don’t have to do your hair and makeup for work AND you have a gym? I’m a little green with envy over here.
  • Cassi: I work in the Distribution Center of Wilsons Leather.... I am in the DC office doing receiving and some administration work. I dont wear makeup alot anyway. It is nice that we have a fitness center here b/c I can work out, take a shower and walk down the hall to work
  • Oh, Pearl, I am so sorry about your dog. (((hugs))) I'm in tears just thinking about it.
  • Top of the morning to ya ladies and gents. I am just putting it in writing that I am going to have a POP day. That's all.
  • Morning all! I am going to concentrate on being POP today. Yesterday was... not. Time is ticking away, and I have 5 weeks to buckle down before my trip. Trying to stay focused ...and calm, LOL.

Ulanda - I am glad that your COD is at least making an effort to help you. I wish you luck.

Evette - sorry, I don't have a contact. We are staying at the Mariott Marquis at the end of the month for BIL 50th, but a friend of a friend of my SIL had a discount. Our 'discount' price is $250/night, which at first I thought... big deal. Then I checked the rack rates.... WOWIE! Almost 50% off. Keep trying the websites, they may open something up the closer you get.

Cassi - Yay! You're back (no pun intended!). Keep up those meds - think pain management, but be careful even if it feels good - DH has chronic back issues and it has taken him a long time to learn this.
    Quote:
    Kim – Sorry you had to waste your time on such a “cheesy” meeting. LOL. I crack myself up!
    Cracking me up too!

Deb - I hope that your mental block dissolves soon. I hope that mine goes with it.

Pearl - I am so sad for you, losing Candy. I'm sure she had a great life with your family these past 8 years.

Debbie - Handbags, sunglasses, the whole deal in NYC! Gotta love it!

Nicole - WTG on being POP all day! I haven't seen a post from you yeat - are you walking? I saw Candice's holiday photo yesterday too! It was great!

Nikki - I don't know the science behind it, but I think that fresh lemons 'work' better. Probably something with the lemon oils. So you would have to drink less fresh lemon water to get the same effect.

Barb - All that gorgeous hair and you don't even have to dry it for work! I hate you! (kidding, of course) I have realized this past week of working out that I can do 1.5 miles on my treadmill in 20 minutes, and that if I could get my butt out of bed I could get it over with in the morning. You've (and BootCamp Kinga Joni) inspired me to try it for a week... Thanks!

Ugh - the drama is ramping up at work. It's making me physically ill. In a nutshell, we had an insane (narcissist) superintendent last year that the board got rid of, but could not say why publicly because it was a personnel issue. That got all of the rumors started (by the ex-sup't herself) as to why she was let go. Then a teacher's husband got on the board, and he's a little crazy himself and won't let things die. We have a great board member who's up for re-election this year, and now the crazy bd member is going after him because he wants somebody else on the board. This whole thing is just ridiculous and sickening. This is why normal people do not run for office. In the middle of all of this, we are trying to hire a new superintendent - now, wouldn't YOU just be dying to apply for a job here?
  • Nicole: Hope you have a POP day!!!!!!!!

Kim: it felt really good to work out this morning before work. I am going to try to do it for the next week and see how it goes. I am going to do abs when I get home. It is nice to have a workout facility at work.

I have a Doctor's appointment today. I have been having to many migraines lately and I have to get a handle on it. I did find out that my currnet migraine med is NOT covered on my new insurance so I have to talk to the Doc about that!
  • Pearl - I'm so so so sorry for your Candy loss. I feel the pain. I couldn't function for over 2 weeks when I lost my mama cat. It is heart breaking. And I hope you are doing well.

hugs,
  • Kim - I think I'll just stick to sunny south florida. At least when I deal with the loonies down here, the weather is better. I guess that politics are the same from the president of the country down to city council. That sucks.

Barb - Good luck at the doctor's office. DH gets migraines and has had some luck w/Imitrex.
  • Quote: C'mon Dan-Embrace your feminine side! Oh-and there's all the Carmen Electra StripTease ones also!
    Are you kidding? I already do most of the cooking at home.. For Christmas, traditionally, Liz gives me something for the kitchen and I give her some kind of powertool or other workshop item..

I don't need to embrace my feminine side any more than that!!

Oh.. BTW.. G'morning Ladies.. And Jason too!

Pearl - So sorry about your loss.. We're a "dog" family and the loss of one of our four-legged family members hits hard.. I lost my huge airedale Max last year and I was devestated...
  • Barb - So does that mean you get a special discount shopping at the Company Store?? I have in-laws that work at BMG, and they have a special company store. I work at a university campus - and all I get is tuition discount... Hope your dr appt goes well, and be rid of that bad migrain!

Evette is going shopping in NYC?? That's awesome!

Cassi is back!! We missed ya! Thanks for the reminder on the Slim Fast Optima vs High Protein. I couldn't remember which was better, and now I know the difference is in a string of cheese... Oh, when you get a chance, we'd like to see your new avatar too!

Dan - all the salt talk reminded me of something I did... When the regular salt shaker went empty, I filled it up with my LiteMorton salt. DH is salt addict, never said a thing! He must not even noticed the differences... Made me feel like I was tricking him! But it is better for his health too, isn't it?

Break time over, get back to work... see'all on-line later,
    hugs,
  • Morning all, man I have missed a bunch. For instance, Kim hates Barb, LOL, Dan is embracing his feminine side, and several of you have declared "Game on!"

Cassie- Hope that back heals really quickly. I have still not resolved the payroll issue. I finally called my boss yesterday, and for once he answered the phone. I told hime that I must recieve a copy of our original agreement ASAP, and he admitted that he does not think he has it. Now I have to decide what to do about that. Have a great day at work!

Pearl- I am so sorry about your loss. I can tell that you have a very special place in your heart for your pets. Just know that she will always be with you in some form. BTW, the Mormons have a book called "The Pearl of Great Price". I always think that you are our Pearl of great price.

Nicole- Thanks for link. I got some good advice on the matter this morning, and I think that you are right. It is Pica, and probably from a lack of iron. I have been really avoiding red meat because of what it does to the IBS. I started a multi and calcium sup this morning. Oh, and no way am I pregnant, do you need smacked? Just kidding!

Join- Thanks for the Dr Oz updates, stuff we need to know!

Have a great day all!
  • Nancy- Sometimes tricking is the best policy!