Lawl Losers And Friends - January 2007

You're on Page 2 of 120
Go to
  • Katie - I already printed out the recipe. I'll make it Wed night so I can enjoy it after TO the next two days. It's actually getting chilly here so I'll enjoy some warm soup!

Sorry you've got the blahs about going back to work. You've definitely seemed happier spending time at home with the family. My DH feels the same way about his job lately, and I hope he figures out a solution that will make him happy!
  • Happy New Year everyone... My DW and I got back on plan today, for the most part, except for the popcorn I ate at the movies.. That's my one true downfall.. I just can't enjoy a movie at the theatre without popcorn.. At home it's not an issue.. But I didn't have as much as usual and shared it with the kiddos.. Luckily, we don't go the movies all that often.. lol...

TO starts tomorrow and we'll weigh in after work.. I'm not looking forward to it.. Wish us luck!
  • Dan- Try this for your popcorn:
    Pop 1/4 cup dry kernels in the microwave in a brown paper lunch bag with the top rolled down. When the corn is popped, melt 1 teaspoon of butter with 1 teaspoon of honey, pour over popcorn, salt with Mortons, and shake well. Starch, Fat, Condiment

I always put this in my purse and sneak it in the theater, along with a baggie of grapes or orange sections.
  • Hi everyone! I need a little encouragement.....I've lost 32 pounds so far (since mid September), and I'm starting to get really nervous that I'm not going to be able to keep it up. Nothing has prompted this, but I think the fact that I've just realized that I've never lost more than this before is really hitting home. I still have such a ways to go, and I'm just scared that I won't be able to do it.....that I'll mess it up as I've done MANY times before. I know this makes no sense, but thanks for listening.....

Julie on LAWL
  • Hey Hey!! Wow yall have been chatty today! Two pages already! Thought it would be best if I got caught up tonight! So here I am getting ready for a tomorrow starting FF, going to WI and planning/shopping for meals/food. Will be a busy day not to mention I have to go to the office. I knew that I wasnt going to be starting FF till tomorrow so I didnt exaclty watch what I was eating today and had basically anything. I probably should have limited myself today and went ahead and eaten OP for today and that would make tomorrow a little easier but since its FF and not TO I didnt figure I would have any problem.

Hello to all the newbies! I am not a newbie but i fall into the category of fallen off the wagon and lost my way group lol. However I am back!

Pearl~ thanks for the heads up I will alter my user info to show im on LAWL/Red. Also thanks for the awesome start to the Jan 07 thread!!

Kayla~ WTG on the 6oz loss hey an oz is an oz!!

Katie~ Its been great getting to know you in 06 and 07 will be a great year. Sorry about you having to go back to work dont you just love holidays!

Lisa~ Hi! the one great thing about this MB is that if you fall off the wagon everyone here is right there to help you get back on!

Cassi~ I am with you on the looking forward to getting back OP!!!!

Megan~ Its OK! We have all done it and guess what it will probably happen again. As long as its not everyday all day long you are good to go!

Sznn~ hey! Arent you glad the choc is gone!!! I threw some out today lol got some weird looks but it needed to go!

Barb~ Hi! What kind of camera did you get? I am looking a several different cameras mine is about dead.

Ulanda~ Great postive message! Hope you had a great 1st day as well!!

Lori~ GL on TO!! I am doing FF tomorrow and Thursday!

dophn~ Welcome Back! I have to face the COD tomorrow too not looking forward to it but its the best shock therapy there is!

Debbie~ I will join you on that book camp! I dont know why we do that to ourselves but if you figure it out let me know!! By the way im not far from you Im in Clarksville!!

Joni~ thanks for the info i might have to stop by Kroger and stock up on a few bottles of Knudsen I will open my last bottle tomorow. GL on TO!!!

Dan~ Its great to see a guy on here welcome !!!!

Julei6363~ First off Congrats on 32 lbs that is AWESOME!!! I know what you are going through. I had lost 23 lbs and have never lost over 25 lbs before. I let the doubts and fears get the best of me. Once you acknowledge them and allow them to take over its hard to stay focused. Try setting a small goal to get you over that bump you normally havent gotten past and set up some kind of reward for it! i am looking forward to knocking those fears and doubts out of the ballpark very soon! I just have to get back to 23 lbs lost lol. Try to remember all the hard work you have put into this so far and all the good things and changes. Now set your mind on the next 32 lbs!!! You have come this far keep it going!!!!

Ok I am tired now its off to bed with me!
  • I don't think that I have ever been prouder to be from Idaho. Goooooooo Boise State Football! You guys rule!!!!!
  • Uggghh!

Today wasn't so stellar in the chow dept.
    To many tempting foods around - must clean out the trigger foods and get on track.

Here's to tomorrow (thats just water!)

-S
  • Julie- You know, sometimes I think that winning the mind game is half the weight loss battle. You have managed to come this far, make good choices, and form new good habits. You have lost 4 gallons of milk worth of weight. There is just no reason to turn back now. I would guess that you are feeling better than you have in a while, you clothes fit better, and your plan is running like clockwork now. Studies show that it takes 21 days to form a habit, and you have been doing it for over 3 months now. Good news, you have already put into motion good eating habits that are going to stick with you! Do you know what LAWL stands for? Lifestyle Adjustment. I believe that this plan is made to be followed forever, without much pain or sacrifice, really. You are worth this Julie!! You deserve this, and I know that you can do it. Keep your head down, keep working hard, and you will get to that goal!!
  • Julie and Jodi -

Whitney - So nice to be able to put a face to the name. Love the avatar. Deb's right - you are a cutie.

Sherry - So glad to see you back here!

Megan – Sorry about your CDs. At least they didn’t steal the car!

Joni – I know about the evil scale. I jumped (OK, maybe not “jumped” with my back and all, more like carefully stepped) on Sunday night and it soared to 210.4. I was back down to 207.4 yesterday and 204.0 this morning. But… That’s still a 6lb gain in two weeks, so I have some work to do.

Katie – I’m sorry about the work thing. If I had my choice, I would stay home too. But I hope that you can make the best of the situation and at least learn to like it there, or find a situation that you can enjoy. It’s much easier if you don’t hate the place you are going to when you leave your kids. Hugs to ya, girl. And I love the suggestion about the movie popcorn! Thanks for that.

Julie – I know how you feel about the 32lbs staying off. I joined LAWL at the end of March. In June I went on a cruise with the family. I kept thinking that I was going to gain back the 30lbs I had lost in the one week, or that I would just never get back on the plan. I think a lot of us go through that around the 25-30lb mark. All of a sudden, you realize that you have really been doing this plan, and not cheating, and not quitting. You start to wonder if it’s for real. But you’ve come to the right place because we have all been there. The weight loss is real, and it is because of you. It’s your hard work that is making your body healthier. Just keep on keepin’ on and you will see that it’s not a dream.

Sznn – I always thought we should start a new plan January 2nd, and not the 1st. You are getting rid of the leftovers on the 1st. Don’t consider it a day off plan, look at today as your first official day. So glad to see you back.

As for me, the back is getting better. I'm back at work today, but still have the painkillers in case. I was really bummed because I wanted to jump on my Gazelle this weekend, but I guess that will have to wait a week or so.

Yesterday was my first POP day in a few weeks. It felt wonderful!

To all my chickies doing TO, I wish you luck and lots of losses.

I will check in later. Hope everyone has a POP day.
  • Hello Friends!! I'm glad to hear that most of you had a great Christmas and an overall awesome New Year. I haven't been posting much, just lurking around. I'm proud to annouce that I've maintained my weight of 133.5 during the holidays and did my best to stay POP, so i'm happy! I did allow myself to have an occasional bite of some See's candies, but that's about it. (Thank god there were no Potato Chips around!) My DH and my mom kept telling me that I can endulge a little bit because it was the holidays, but I just didn't allow myself to, because I know that once I do, there's just no stopping me. So, POP it was. I've missed so much here on the boards, so I'll try to address as many people as I can.

Pearl: You are a great motivator. I'm so glad that you're a part of our group. Thanks for starting the Jan 2007 thread.

Kayla: Congrats on the 0.6 pounds over Christmas.

Katie: So glad to finally have you back on the boards. Continued success to you this New Year.

LJackson: That's a great attitude to start the New Years off! Did you throw away all of those cookies and snacks?

Cassi: Always glad to see you. You'll get back on track, no worries girl!

Megan: Sorry to hear about your CD's and your tail light. I don't know why people have to be such punks! It just plain sucks!

Sznn, Barb, Ulanda, Lori, Dolphn, Debbie, Joni, and the rest of you that I missed....... Hello!!!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE AND GOOD LUCK ON STAYING POP!!

We can do it!! 2007!!
  • Happy New Year Everyone!!!!
    Happy New Year everyone!

Just when I thought New Year's Eve would not be a problem, I end up in Sonics drive thru. Oh well, so that was New Years Eve, so I am in a whole new year now with a whole new attitude. I am going for it this time. keep on keepin on

This year is gonna be it, by the time my Bday has come around July 5th, I hope to be down at least 50lbs...wooo hooo!!! That's about 7lbs a month . That's gonna take hard work and dedication, but I'm ready!! (me this summer ...lol.)

Well really I just wanted to wish everyone a Happy New Year, and we are all gonna be this year.
  • Britt: I got a Canon Powershot SD600... OH How I love that camera!!!!!!!!! I did alot of research before I went looking and this little camera is AWESOME! Like I said it takes awesome dark bar pics! My last one was a good camera just took dark pics.

I will catch up on personals later on! I am on day 1 of T/O~
  • Quote: Dan- Try this for your popcorn:
    Pop 1/4 cup dry kernels in the microwave in a brown paper lunch bag with the top rolled down. When the corn is popped, melt 1 teaspoon of butter with 1 teaspoon of honey, pour over popcorn, salt with Mortons, and shake well. Starch, Fat, Condiment

I always put this in my purse and sneak it in the theater, along with a baggie of grapes or orange sections.

So you put the corn in dry? and leave the bag open? Interesting concept.. I'll try it soon!. I'll skip the honey though. I don't much like sweet popcorn..

Thanks for the great suggestion!!
  • Back on track today (Jan 2) after a week of free for all! I'm doing TO today and tomorrow and really looking forward to cleaning the toxins out of my system. I love that juice!

Spent a day with a friend of mine who has hit her goal on LAWL and she looks so amazing. She lost 43 lbs and looks so healthy - not that lost too much look, you know? She really inspired me, as do so many of you here on this board. I'm going to try to be a bit more active on the board - maximize the support that is here to receive and try to give some back as well!
  • Hey Rooster Dan - I'll let Katie step in, but I THINK she meant close the top (pinch the 2 sides together) and roll down a little bit. If you didn't, wouldn't the popped corn go everywhere???? I always sneak in the "healthy" popcorn when I got the movie. I'm at the point where the movie popcorn doesn't even taste good to me!

Sandy - that's great about your friend. How long did it take her to lose her lbs?

Evette - You are truly in the right mindset these days. Congrats on being POP during the holidays. I know I want this program to be my lifestyle and not a chore, but I blew it over the holidays and I'm paying for it now. I'm back on track and still trying to figure out what triggers my "cheats." I don't think I'm stressed or bored with things. Hmmmm....I'll have to ponder this for a bit.

Holly, Mama Nicole, Heather, Nance....pop in and say hi!!