Lawl Losers And Friends - January 2007

You're on Page 102 of 120
Go to
  • Wendy II - I've given up coffee too...my COD said to go ahead and have some with skim milk and count it as my dairy, but *yuck* no thank you. Last weekend I had a coffee from my favourite coffee place and just had normal milk. But your post made me think...how about if you treat yourself to a nice big cup on the weekend, and just put a tbsp of FF cool whip in it? Sounds yummy to me!

Nicole -- That's so exciting about your sister doing it too! I think the care package would be greatly appreciated. I think I ended up at the grocery store at least once a day for the first week or so, just trying to get the right stuff. I second the idea of printing off a bunch of recipes for her.
  • Angie--how about non fat milk heated and whipped to make a latte...really sweet...nance

I am wishing all of you much success on this new way of eating. it is truly worth it. I had a little time off it seemed but I am back on track geared up to lose 20 more.....thanks for all the support....Bajachick nance
  • JM, i beg to differ with the cat situation, this is only what ive read up on...u should always set the status in the home when it comes to animals...the fact that the door is closed the kittys learn whos boss! when a new anything enters the home it may be stressful...so letting the new baby be the leader of the pact (as ceasar milan says hehe) is the way to go...the cats should be allowed to sniff the baby but not enter the bedroom...literally draw an imaginary line...after the baby is bigger, ofcourse that can be changed, once the kitties get used to the new addition...plus, cats carry (sorry to say this) harmful bacterias that can hurt the baby, esp one not used to "US" germs!! sorry if it sounds bossy, just wouldnt want anything to happen u kno? by the way congrats cograts congrats!! how amazing is it that u got ur baby girl...congrats!! and the rooms too cute...very 70's...and yet cozy! enjoy ur little one when she comes!

BarB~ i kno this isnt what u want to hear, but ur comment actually made me feel better...ur not alone...ur not the only one obsessed to the point of craziness..foods great, i love all of it...even the not so yummy kind...lol...what i keep in mind is tomorrow is a new day...so if i really want a fajita, and a chicken salad, i just pick one for today and one for tomorrow...so when u plan dinner, u can plan it for 2 nites! hehe...its tough, its all a struggle...but u have to be ready...nothing anyone tells me, or shows me, or makes me feel changes my pattern...there comes a point were ur fed up, and ur ready...dont be so hard on yourself...when ur ready u'll be ready...think about maitenance while u reconsider everything...why u started, whats ur goal, whats holdng u bac right now...try so de-stressing...anyway, u'll be back on track in no time!

stiesta~ welcome back, how was the big move?

so after my lil vent on here, got on the scale this morning a saw a budge! yey...maybe all that energy i spent on writing with frustration helped tip the scale it the right direction!!

everyone have a great day!!
  • Thanks both of you for the advice about the cats. You both make valid points-i'm gonna think on this. I'll probably end up playing it by ear-but I know I wake up at nite sometimes because I've inhaled a cat hair (they both sleep on my bed) so I hesitate to let them in the crib for that reason-plus I can see them jumping in there and waking her up. We'll see . . . .

And yes-some of those flowers definately have a 70s vibe-especially the big pink one . . .

Well-the pringles didn't get me today-things are looking up!
  • JM – Isn’t it funny when things like that happen? Sometimes when I am getting a snack for DS and I think I’ll have a tortilla chip or two, or a few goldfish, all of a sudden something will happen and I will drop them. I actually laugh and take that as my cue. It’s the food guardian angels protecting us! Now we just need to send them to Barb. (Oh, and the !!!!! to Christie were funny. You just go ahead and talk and talk about being a soon-to-be mommy. We won’t get tired of it here!)

Barb – I am so sorry to see you going through such a rough time. How about joining me Monday and Tuesday w/TO and then plan your meals for the rest of the week. But… plan something you would look forward to. Like maybe Baked Cheetos (LA Cheese Curls in your diary) for a starch one day, or a 100 calorie mini bag of popcorn. Find a recipe (I still love the beef Dijon, or a taco salad) that you will look forward to making. Make it something with a sauce that seems off plan but isn’t. Something besides grilled and plain this and that. If you want, PM me and I’ll be happy to help. But maybe if you plan for the week, and include one thing each day that you have to look forward to, it will help you stay on track and wrap your brain around this.

Katie – So… any decision about the mold inspection? Good luck with however that turns out. BTW… I loved the “dink” comment too.

Wendelina – Oh yeah, regarding the coffee thing, I think it was Kristen who posted a mochachino coffee thing in the recipe thread. Something about taking the LA chocolate shake mix and mixing it w/coffee instead of water and a packet of splenda. I did it at work with my Magic Bullet and it was good. I’ve done it with the chocolate and vanilla shake mix.

Libby – Sorry about the demon scale at your COD. But like you said, 8.2lb in 2 weeks is awesome. I lost 5lbs my first week, but I would always lose on Monday’s WI, lose on Wednesday’s WI, but then stay the same for Friday. Or lose Monday and Friday, but stay the same Wednesday. I’ve never lost all three days of WI since the beginning. You’ll be better once you see the pattern emerge so you’ll know what to expect.

Alannah – The gift certificate sounds like a great way to motivate yourself. Good luck and welcome back. Don’t beat yourself up too much, though, because you have been through A LOT these last few months. Don’t look back, just look forward to all you will accomplish!

Lea Ann – Thank you! DH doesn’t get to see anything good at school either. DS daycare has a webcam through watchmegrow.com and we can watch him throughout the day. At the end of last year they got a new IT administrator at the district office and they blocked it. There are a lot of teachers and administrators that have kids at this daycare and they are all really pissed.

Nance – You sound like you are having so much fun. I can’t wait to retire! How many casserole dishes are you up to? Have you used any of them yet for an LA friendly meal?

Sherry – Bummer about the WI. For what it’s worth, my COD said the plan switch is 220 and then 181. I am on purple w/lites until I hit 181. If you aren’t doing lites, you should certainly be on red. Enjoy the starch and extra ½ protein. It makes for yummy breakfasts!

Dan – Don’t ya hate it when you wanna cheat and can’t? It’s frustrating and then kinda funny. Glad the workout was good.

Pearl – I am so glad everything is working out with your new job. As for that pain, I wouldn’t be so concerned if you didn’t say it hurt when you pushed on it. Please get it checked out ASAP!

Liz – It’s ounce by ounce that make this weight loss last. Keep going!

As for me, I missed a starch yesterday (I know, how do you do that? I just wasn't hungry. I even had both of my lites yesterday around 9:00 in the form of a big mug of hot chocolate. I just haven't been hungry lately. I think it was because I ate my fruit instead of drinking it like I have been for the last few days). The home scale was up a pound to 197.6 this morning. Stupid scale! Why does it always go up the mornings I WI? I'm telling you guys, I am going to be at 200.0 today. Onederland is going to make me really work for it!
  • Good morning, Everyone.............are you ready for a wonderful POP day? I am!!! Keep your chins up girlies (and Dan and Jason), and whatever you do.........don't look down at the scale...........it's nobody's friend lately
  • Nance- Yeah, I am still working on the Vegas goal, but I quit weighing very much now since the scale has been so naughty to me. I am exercising hard too, because I bought a new dress for my sisters wedding in Vegas, but after getting it home I realized that unless I can get my knees back, there is no way in heck I can actually wear it. I do play poker. Texas Hold Em. I like black jack a lot better though. Glad you had fun at the Italian place!

Aggie- So glad the scale cooperated this morning!

Pearl- It is good to see you chickie! Good luck opening!

Liz- Sounds like Curves is gonna work out, plus look at what you example did for Dan!

Cassie- You missed a starch? WOW! That may be one of the top LAWL sins, you know.

Nicole- You cheery little thing you! Yes! I am ready to have a great day!

As for the black mold, I did go speak with the health department yesterday. They gave me some numbers to call, but the only mold inspector is in Boise, which is a LONG way from here. The health inspector did say that they have seen some outbreaks around here recently, and if they decide that the building does have it, they will shut it down until it is cleaned up. I am gonna call Boise today.
  • The scale is my friend today! I think Kristen's phone call must be paying off.. the cosmos is shifting peeps!!! (Can't ya feel it??)

JM- LOVE that Pringles story...

and Dan's phrase about "Cosmic Pringle Karma" simply cracked me up!

Libby - Thanks for pointing out the Starbucks recipes -- I have an espresso machine at home so they'll come in handy there. Funny you should mention that I'll wanting to be running marathons.. I did run one in 2000. It was ****, but at least I can say I did it... if I really do end up wanting to run one again, that wouldn't be such a bad thing.
  • Joni............we are thinking of you..........
  • oh geez.. sorry.. blonde moment.. I don't know what button I pushed but I prematurely posted!

Cassi - I don't do the shakes, or at least I haven't tried them yet. They scare me. :-) If I do, I'll have to try the mochachino recipe.

Suzie - I've done the skim/sugar-free.. just isnt the same. Plus, I'm a "coffee snob". It's my toughest obstacle.

Katie - Glad you're getting the black mold thing looked into.. that's just so dangerous.

Today's lunch will be a challenge - office meeting at a mexican restaurant. Yes, I checked the mexican posts -- the problem is that it's not American Mexican.. it's an authentic one.. so no taco salads, no fajitas. This will be a challenge! Might be my first non-POP day in 2 weeks.

It's Friday folks!! Let's hear some rejoicing!!
  • Jm - Love The New Avatar!
  • Wendelina - Sometimes the best we can do is the best we can do. This is when practicing portion control becomes you're best bet as a strategy instead of saying, "Well, there's nothing good here so I'll just dig in!". If you have a little of stuff instead of throwing caution to the wind, you should be good, and any gain will be temporary. Good luck!
  • Wendelina - Authentic Mexican may actually be in your favor. There is usually a lot of fish and not a lot of ooey, gooey cheese (that's an American thing). Try the civiche or something like that. Stay away from the mole' though!

Good luck.
  • Cassi-thanx-I was tired of looking at the old one. My new pics are a bit blurry-but oh well . . . .

And I looked at your pics and WOW! You look great! You can definately see a difference. And I have a very round face too-I'll probably always have a double-chin. but I seem to have gotten rid of the third and fourth ones . . .

Katie-did you lose your knees?

Wendelina-does the restaurant have a chicken tortilla soup? Or even another kind that you like? High in sodium-but it's a fairly low fat meal for mexican . . . .

Nicole-thanks for always being so cheery!

And Dan-Cosmic Pringle Karma is going to become a catch phrase in my life now . . .. I can't believe I told you guys that story-so embarassing . . . . .
  • JM - You're new pics are hawt. Have you thought about how it's going to be as a single mom dating again? From the looks of you, it may become an issue real soon!!!!! (excessive use of ! just for u!)