Yay I exercised today! January 2007

• Not sure if anyone will be exercising on the 1st but thought I would start the thread up for this month.

Let's go chicks!
  • 30 minute walk today!
  • Tuesday:
    30 minute walk at lunch
    20 minute walk to WW meeting
  • I started exercising yesterday.....45 minute aquacise class.....what a great workout, this was my first class and I'm looking forward to many more. Keep up the good work mauvaisroux!!!
  • Tue: 32 laps
    Wed: LBWO

I'm starting Jan out well. Still doing the swimming. I'm up to 32 laps which is 800 meters. I think I'm going to stick with that distance all this month and just work on trying to swim in continuously instead of stopping every 3-4 laps to catch my breath.

I also decided to give up on the walking on the treadmill. It is soooooo boring. I'd much rather take walks with the dog. In it's place I have decided that I'm going to start weight training. My DH trains in Olympic Weightlifting so he wrote out an exercise plan for the month and I started it yesterday. My legs are ridiculously sore today, but I feel like I've accomplished something.

Mauv: Way to go, walking on New Year's Day. I was such a couch potato.

MD: The aqua class sounds great. I've always been interested in those, but at my gym they only offer them in the middle of the day when I'm at work.
  • Thanks md2ia2md and spideranne! And good going on the aquasize and 32 laps respectively!

I've decided that I want to move for at least 30 minutes each day.

Wednesday: 30 minute walk
    Thursday: 30 minute walk

Friday: 2 hours of hauling boxes and garbage around the office and out to the dumpster.
    30 minute walk at lunch
  • I need to catch up...I have been exercising.

Thurs: 32 laps
    Fri: UBWO
    Sat: 32 laps
    Sun: Yoga class
    Mon: 32 laps
    Tue: LBWO

I'm starting to really get into the habit of going to the gym. It's becoming routine, which is what it's going to have to be with me if I'm going to stick to it. The yoga class on the weekend is a nice change of pace too - someday I'll actually be able do everything.
  • Oops! I have to catch up too!

Took the weekend off!

Monday: 30 minute walk at lunch
    Tuesday: 30 minute walk at lunch, 20 minute walk to ww, 1 hour of dance
  • Well I finished out the week with.

Wed: 32 laps
    Thurs: UBWO
    Fri: 32 laps
    Sat: 0 - a day of rest.

Planning on Yoga class tomorrow if the ice storm we're having doesn't cancel it.
  • Wednesday: 30 minute walk at lunch
    Thursday: 30 minute walk at lunch, 30 minutes of yoga at home
    Friday; 30 minute walk at lunch
    Saturday: 40 minute walk in am
    Sunday: 45 minutes of yoga

Monday: 30 minutes of shoveling snow
  • Tuesday: 1 hour of bellydance class
  • Sun: - 1 hour yoga class
    Mon: - 32 laps
    Tue: - LBWO
  • Wed, Thurs and Friday - 2 hours of physical labour - nmoving, packing etc. at work.

Saturday: 30 minutes of yoga
  • Catching up...

Wed: 32 laps
    Thurs: UBWO
    Fri: 32 laps
    Sat: 0 - watched DH lift a lot of weight, maybe some of it rubbed off on me.
    Sun: Yoga
  • Mostly doing physical work at my job instead of my desk job. Did go to my dance class on Tuesday

Spent today moving furniture and boxes.