New to this lifestyle

• Hello everyone!

My name is Kelly, and I just ordered Pratt's SuperFoods book! I am interested in reading and learning more. I am new to this lifestyle, but not dieting in general. I weighed 245 at my highest in 2001, and lost 108 pounds. Since then, I have maintained within 5 - 15 pounds of my lowest weight. Lately though, I've been around 150 which is BETTER than 245, but still not my healthiest weight. I really felt my best in the 130's, and I need to find a way to STAY there.

My weight management has been a little more difficult lately because I have a hernia and cannot workout (which I intend to get taken care of after the New Year, I promise!). Honestly, I have been putting off surgery due to other things going on in my life (single mom of 3, work issues, etc.) I do plan to get back on the treadmill, at least that is something I can do!

Anyway, looking forward to getting my book (tomorrow) and joining you, hopefully in a lifelong change. I've already made MANY changes to my lifestyle, but I know I could do better and I think this is just what I needed.

Kelly
  • Hi Kelly.
    I think you'll really enjoy the foods in this book. I first read about it in the Goal section:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=84601

I've tried to incorporate more and more superfoods into my eating habits. My kids really like most of what I've served so far. I've had a small setback the past few weeks due to numerous houseguests and eating out quite a bit, but I look forward to getting back to it tomorrow (after a visit to the store to stock up again!).
  • Hi Kelly,

Make sure you check out the maintainer's forums here as well. They are excellent for dealing with maintenance issues that we all go through.

Anne
  • Hi Kelly,

Congratulations on your weight loss! What an accomplishment. You must look like a totally different person.

I'm fairly new to the Superfoods lifestyle as well. I just got the book a few weeks ago and read it cover to cover in less than two days. I've always tried to incorporate some whole foods in my diet but I liked the book because it was different from just another diet book as it's got a lot of great scientific info about nutrition and I was very inspired to try and up my daily intake of superfoods for health and energy reasons. I actually bought a few copies and gave them as Christmas gifts.

I managed to maintain my weight through the holidays not gaining one pound but will try to slim down using the superfoods and exercise-something I've not been consistent with the past few years.

I found about the book through a thread I ran across. I hope she doesn't mind that I've attached it below. I love her story!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=84601

Charlene
  • Thanks so much for the warm welcome!

I did read Glory's story - a few times! I believe her post is the first time I had heard of this book as well.

Charlene, I can relate a lot because I too have "always tried to incorporate some whole foods in my diet" but I think the book will help me add even more. Even if not 100%, it will be a definite improvement.

My book arrived yesterday and I started reading it. I will probably be posting many questions - lol!

Thanks again and happy new years!

Kelly