Support Buddy

• I know there are forums especially for support buddies, but I'm looking for something a little more specific. I'm looking for a buddy that is looking to control binge behavior as well. Someone I can e mail or instant message on a daily basis.

Here is a little background information on me...so maybe someone dealing with the same thing can connect with me and we can help each other. When I was 16 (I'm 21 now) I was severly anorexic. I was 5'2 and around 67 pounds. When I finally realized I had a problem, I never got any professional help, I just started eating again. But I never learned how to eat properly again. I went from starvation to binge eating. And this has left a legacy with me. I'm a normal weight now. But I only stay that way because I eat very little during the week, and then binge on weekends. It isn't healthy, its making me miserable. I do have a therapist now, but I'd like to connect with someone on a daily basis who can encourage me to eat a proper amount daily, and help me through the times I feel I want to binge.

I got my RMR tested this last week, and it was 1100 calories per day. So I'm aiming to eat around 1300 calories a day, and exercise 5 days a week. If anyone has a similar goal, in regardes to controling binge episodes, please get back to me!
  • I don't have the same exact issues.........but I offer you support/a kind thought.
    I don't really know what to say......except that I think that you are taking the right steps to recovery and I wish you all the best..........
  • :)
    Shrinking...
    Thank you for your kind words. I have a lot of hope for this buddy system thing, and I hope it will compell me to do better, if I have to report back to someone! Thanks again.