2007 Hopes, Dreams, Plans, Resolutions and Goals

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Thanks to Anne for pulling up the 2006 thread. Let's start thinking about 2007 and where we want to be in a year.
  • Well last year I said I wanted to be a maintainer... I guess be careful what you wish for since I'm about the same weight...

Actually I'm up a few lbs but I know it's "top end" of comfortable range.

As for next year... I want to be a loser! And I want a black belt, and a 2nd Dan black belt!

And I want to do a silly "tough guy" assault course run thingy. Hopefully this time next year I will be 14lbs lighter. That's my goal for this time next year. I'm going to work hard at making it. I finally got rid of all the chocolates that I've been given for Christmas, there's nothing over-special in the house that I will pig out on between now and Christmas Day. and Boxing Day I'm right back at it
  • I want to be 150lbs!! A bit ambitious perhaps, but i cant actually remember being 150lbs, and i just want to be a "normal" weight - not " a bit chubby", "a big girl", or "pleasantly plump" - just normal!!

I would also like to work on my emotional issues with food, i would like to be less dependent on food in emotional situations.
  • My goals for 2007 is to maintain my wt. loss in a range of 142 - 147 lbs. Still be able to wear my same size clothes. Still exercise at least 3-4 times a week. To eat the same way that I am eating right now. LC with a little extra fruits. To stash away extra money each week to pay off my Expedition. To get those hedges planted. As far as buying the boat, I want to pay off my vehicle first. Once again, I want to get my son out in his own apartment again as soon as he can afford it. He wants this too. As for my DH, it depends on the day. Sometimes I want to hug him, sometimes I want to knock him in the head with a frying pan. LOL
  • Hi ladies. Excuse me for intruding on your maintainer's forum, when I am clearly not anywhere near maintainance. But I couldn't help notice how you had a thread last for 2006 goals and now you are starting a thread for 2007 goals. Many different sections have started threads for New Years's Resolutions and 2007 goals. I have yet to post there, but perhaps will. The reason I want to post on THIS thread is because when you pull up 2007's goals I want to see my post. Because come the end of 2007 I would actually like to BE a maintainer.

So there you have it - That's my 2007 goal. To be able to post on this forum. To be at my goal weight of 125 lbs for my 44th birthday - November 12, 2007. Although I find the number is no longer so important to me. I would just like to continue on my path of healthy eating, which includes healthy portions and to continually increase my activity level. I shall see where that takes me. I never, ever want to go back to my old lifestyle.

I've started this journey at 287 lbs on September 4th 2006 and today, December 20, 2006 I weigh 218 lbs. So far this has been a surprisingly enjoyable journey. Everyday brings me a new NSV and I'm looking forward to many more as we get into the next year.

Anyway, I again apologize for barging in on your forum. I look forward to seeing more of you sometime later in the year 2007.

And I wish us all the best of luck in obtaining our goals for the coming year. Bye........for now.
  • Robin, my dear, there's no need to apologize! You - and everyone else here at 3FC - are welcome to post in Maintainers regardless of where you are in your weight loss journey. Whether you've lost 10 (and have a 100 to go) or have already lost 100 pounds, we all share the same goal ... to keep it off for life.

I've read and enjoyed your posts in the other forums and would love to have your input here too. And we're all looking forward to celebrating goal with you!
  • After last year with it's financial difficulties, the wedding, moving .... I see 2007 as a smoother course, a more settled time.
    I've been thinking a lot about Anne's post ... thinking on how I define myself ... thinking that I'm not really a loser any more ... but more like a fitness finetuner.
    I'm still concerned about what kind of example I present, because I'd like other people get to this point. I want other 40-somethings to know that you can be a calm, happy, slender, healthy wife/momma.
    So I guess my goals for 2007 are practice and presentation ... and a weight ceiling of 129 lbs
  • Ah yes, 2007! A brand new year full of endless possibilities! That requires some proper thinking..

What I would like to do in 2007:
    • Reach my goal weight and stay within my goal range
    • Keep up my exercise habits and try and vary my training, to avoid burn-out
    • Keep my training more goal focused, to stay motivated and excited about it!
    • Work on finding a healthy balance in my training schedule, no more crazy overtraining!
    • Complete those health-related classes at university and try and incorporate them in my job
    • Try to save a bit of money, as a rainy day-buffer
    • Be kind to myself, especially when I'm not doing so well
    • Remind myself of how far I've come

Last year I settled on 72 kilos as my goal weight, because I didn't really dare to try and reach my dream goal of 67 kilos, I imagined it would be too difficult to get there and thus I didn't even give myself a chance to try. Well, now I will do it and not give up before having tried it! 67 kilos is BMI 22.5 for me, which feels balanced and not too high or low. 7.6 kilos left, as I write this, before I hit goal. I try and remind myself of the fact that I've already lost 23 kilos/50 lbs - something that I tend to forget.

So those are my goals!

I really love having a new year ahead of me, a blank calendar and diary, ready to be filled with good things.

Hugs,
    Ann-Charlotte
  • Hmm, I'm such a poor pre-planner about big life things I may change these goals at some point this year.

~I'd love to have baby #7-I'm not sure that will happen though, but if it does I'd like to keep the gain to 20-25 lb

~No baby means I would like to maintain my weight where it is.

~Increase exercise-I'm so bad about it, but everything I read says it is vital to weight maintenance.

~Keep my stress levels in mind when agreeing to more committments.

~Continue my meditation practice.
  • I want to succeed and not fail at my new very stressful, very demanding job that has very high responsibility levels. I'm freaked out and scared!
  • Wow - I can't believe another year has whizzed by.
    It has been lovely traveling through it in a lighter body.

For 2007 I aim to:

-Drop the last 10 and maintain under 140!
    -Be regular with my exercise routine.
    -Stop bringing home trigger foods.
    -Relax and enjoy life.

-S
  • 2006 has been one of the best years in my adult life. For the first time in almost 15 years I am no longer considered morbidly obese. I'm only just at the high end of the normal range but I feel awesome. I never thought that I would be able to accomplish the level of fitness I am at in just a year and a half. Now, I am ready for more!

For 2007 I would like to:

Completely heal my stress fracture
    Continue to exercise five days a week without overtraining
    Hire a personal trainer to work with me once a month
    Complete my first 5k
    Hit my goal weight and maintain a healthy BF% with the addition of more lean muscle.
    Incorporate more crosstraining into my cardio routine
    Take ballroom dance lessons with DH on date night.
  • Ok, I've been stewing about 2007 and how to set some goals for the year with some potentially big changes coming up. Here's what I'm willing to commit to:
    • I will floss at least 4 times a week. (T)
    • I will do a minimum of 20 minutes of walking every day, unless there is some medical reason not to. Other forms of exercise may be substituted. (W/K)
    • I will eat fish at least once a week. (F)
    • I will eat beans or something with beans as a significant ingredient at least once a week. (B)
    • I will stretch at least 3 times a week. (S)
    • I will meditate at least 3 times a week. (M)
    • I will wear my pedometer daily and record the number of steps taken. This is to increase awareness of general non-exercise-specific activity levels.
    • I will take my vitamins daily. (V)

The initials above (TWKFBSMV) are the codes for the goal activity (the non-obvious ones are T for teeth and K for sick/injured/valid medical reason). Each day I do one of them, I'll record the code in my journal. I will also record the number of steps from the pedometer. Each week, I'll add it up and see if I've met my goals for the week. My hope is that by the end of the year these become habit.
  • Hmmm...

My Goals:

* Get back to goal (150-155lbs)
    * Run more
    * Weight train more
    * cut back on Diet Coke
    * If I get pregnant again this year (I am not planning on it this year, but you never know) to keep the weight gain down to 25lbs.

Cheers ladies and Happy New Year!

Ali
  • For 2007 I would just like to keep maintaining my weight at between 127-130lbs and continue to work on improving my body through exercise.

~Silvervixen