Exercise/shelf-bra tops............weight loss related question.........

• How do you tell when your tops are getting too big? After fitting great for a few months, I noticed I was getting alot of movement (bounce) while WALKING on my treadmill. My only guess is that I have lost enough mass form my enormous chest that I need to get something smaller. I tried putting a tighter bra top underneath the tankini to see if that helped, but then I felt too constrained. So, do you notice that more movement and/or bounce is how you tell when you need to go down a size, say from an XL to a L? I suppose it could also be that the fabric is just getting washed too much and needs replacing, but figured someone here must have experience with the same thing.
  • You may also be walking faster. But yes too much bounce means the bras need replaced. Most bras can not provide support for more than about 6 months. Although if you get a fitted sports bra you can push it a bit. Or more than a bit, I had some of mine for well over a year and they only wore out because I wore them while preggo and I got waaaay to big for them

I find that any bra sized L, XL - whatever does not provide enough support for anything beyond strolling. (now if you are an "S" or maaybe an M thats different )

I wear a sportsbra by Champion http://www.championcatalog.com/cgi-b...y?prnbr=CH1018

I get the band size that matches my (professionally fitted) bra size and the cup size 1-2 cups smaller because I like lots of compression for running. Also, they dont MAKE my cup size with my band size.
  • Thanks Ennay! I've bookmarked that site and will order that blue one! I love the color and it looks like it gives great support w/o an underwire, so that's exactly what I'm looking for. Plus, it's not ugly, like some of the more serious exercise bras are.