sort of NSV.. inspired by my bones

• So I was in the cafeteria here at my school a few minutes ago trying to decide what to eat, and I put my hands on my waist/hips... and there's these bones there... bones that I just "discovered" a week or so ago... This is gonna sound weird but I have no idea what these bones are, they may be my hip bones but I always thought of my hips as being lower than this. Anyway whatever they are, I looove that I can feel them. They don't stick out or anything but I can feel them under there, it's very cool.

I've also been constantly tracing the bones in my shoulders lately. I can actually feel where different bones connect, which is so interesting and inspiring. Not to mention the collarbone which was the first to appear, I love that too. No one who hasn't been fat can possibly understand this weird side effect of losing weight.. lol Anyway after feeling those bones I was inspired to eat yet another ham sandwich with a salad!
  • congrats! its always a good feeling :-)
  • yep, i think you are thinking of your hip bones/pelvic bones. Are they the same? Its like the blind leading the blind here i guess../
    Congrats, great NSV!
  • wtg on the NSV!! I swear I learned in grade school that I have a whole skeleton's worth of bones... now where'd they go?

I can't wait to see my collarbones. I'm seriously envious of most girls' collarbones.... I think they're very beautiful when they're slightly prominent.

great job on the progress
  • Funny, my collarbones are how I track my progress sometimes. I see how well I can feel them, or how cushioned they are. Also I look in the mirror to see if I can see the hollows of them yet. Oh, the strange ways we measure progress!
  • Congrats on feeling these news bones also on the NSV. It's hard sometimes, but you have to think that's worth it in the end when you have the body you've worked so hard for! Great good!
  • Thanks girls... yeah, discovering bones is a great pleasure of losing weight! I've never been thin so it's all new to me. Not that I'm thin now, but ya know what I mean.
  • I felt this also when I was at my all time lowest weight since high school! Now that I've gained weight, I don't know what happened to them, lol.

Congrats on your NSV!
  • I know the exact feeling you describe - sometimes I find myself touching my collar bones while driving to check they are still there!!!! :-)
  • i am so right there with you!
    my big one is my hips.... granted they arent really that obvious if im sitting down, but when i lay down and i can see them pop out a little bit from the top (lets ignore the flab to the side of them....) i cant stop touching them!