What's for dinner?

• I'm making my first SBD dinner tonight!

It feels like fall here, so I'm making roasted turkey breast tenderloins w/ mashed califlower and braised brussel sprouts. Mmmmmm..... I might be nice and roast some redskin potatoes for the hubby & kids....

What are you having?
  • Well, it'll be really early because of Lucy's 6:30 test so I will be having some chicken chili with a romaine and tomato salad plus a glass of milk. When I get home, I'll have some cheese if I'm hungry.
  • I had a Tomato & Basil veggie burger, and some fresh steamed green beans with a touch of low sodium soy sauce and crumbled blue cheese over them, yummy!
  • Quote: I had a Tomato & Basil veggie burger
    Oh, that sounds good- something storebought or a recipe??
  • Emilie, the veggie burger is made by Morningstar. It's only one variety that they make, but it's the BEST!
  • Last night we didn't have much time before a pack meeting so I made lean hamburgers with tomato, lettuce and RF cheese on a whole wheat bun and deviled eggs.

Tonight I am making Beef with Asparagus and Mushrooms (page 236 from the Quick and Easy Cookbook). I'll serve it with rice for DH and Brian and cabbage for me and also fix peas for DH and Brian to give Brian extra veggies since he doesn't care for the cooked mushrooms (and I don't care for peas). I'll probably also fix a small salad for us too.
  • Grilled Cube Steaks
    Grilled Summer Squash (EVOO and a little garlic, salt and pepper)
    Salad

Cheesey Rice for myHusband and daughter

Not too sure about dessert for me - had a ff fudge pop last night - might have jello tonight - whatever fancy's me at the time
  • It'll be some sort of grilled chicken and I'll make enough to freeze. I'll have green ebans, a tomato salad with fresh basil and a brown rice pilaff with leftovers to freeze.
    September is shaping up as a busy month so I'm cooking extras these days.
  • Tonight I'm thinkin' tofu stir fry w/ rice for the kids and none for me...
  • Emilie, love the avatar! Me too!

I'm doing Rosemary Grilled Steaks with Multigrain Pilaf with Sunflower Seeds, both Cooking Light recipes from the newest issue. You can find them both at CookingLight.com Details are in my Fitday for nut'l info.
  • Mmm, Laurie, I don't remember seeing that in the new Cooking Light but I'll have to go back and find it. When we have $ again I think we'll celebrate with steaks!!

jess

I can't tell you what we're having cause it's not SBD friendly!! A treat for hubby though...he LOVES stuffing.
  • Jake and I both worked late tonight, he's still at work! I'm having a Seafood Cioppino (compliments of Trader Joe), and he's getting leftover roast beef and potatoes.