Need point value for popcorn shrimp

• Can someone give me the points value for popcorn shrimp that has been fried? I went out to eat at lunch and had about 1 cup of fried popcorn shrimp.... ick.... not too good, I know.

Thank you!!!
  • Where did you get it? Most of the info I've found lists values per weight, not cup. Or they list it by "serving" which is based on the restaurant.

One serving of popcorn shrimp at Popeyes contains 280 cal, 17 g fat, 1 g fiber = 7 pts. It says one serving = 85grams, or about 3 ounces. I'd say the nutrition info is about average for all brands of popcorn shrimp. I just have no idea how many ounces are in a cup, since it won't measure like water.

Hope that helps
  • There is a database on this site that probably can help or you can try CalorieKing or even the USDA www.nal.usda.gov/fnic/cgi-bin/nut_search.pl may help.

Or look for a restaurant that serves it such as maybe Long John Silvers and use those figures.
  • Well, it's just a local family owned restaurant. I'm sure they just buy it pre-made and then fry it. I'll look at LJS I guess, I didn't think about doing that. Thanks guys!