Top Ten Exercise Myths

You're on Page 1 of 6
Go to
  • WOOHOO!! Thank you Meg ....
  • Hey thanks for sharing the myths. I didn't know some of these things were myths. Again Thanks!
  • Quote: Hey thanks for sharing the myths. I didn't know some of these things were myths. Again Thanks!
    Just out of curiosity Cat, which ones did you think were truths?
  • Thanks, Meg, that was really helpful! I admit that I had fallen for #3, lol. Thanks for clearing that up
  • I also thought #3 was true until a few days ago.
  • Hi,

Thanks for the info! I am just starting to get back on the wagon after a few years of letting my self go.

I have been doing Atkins with my husband for about a month now and he is loosing weight like crazy and I have lost hardly any. I really think it's because he is so much more active then I am.

I work from home sitting on my butt all day with no exercise. So today for the first time in abut 3 years I went on my treadmill. I only did 16 minutes but hope to increase my time as I get more into shape.

I am a little worried though that if I don't do 30 minutes that it won't do me any good? Hopefully some exercise is better then none.

Thanks for listening and if anyone has any advice let me know I am all ears! Thanks! Feffyy
  • Sorry,

Just trying to get my tracker to show up
  • sorry still trying to figure this tracker thing out. LOL

• feffyy -- You're right a little exercise is better than none, keep it up!!
  • Feffyy

Let's call yours myth #11

Your workout must be for at least 30 minutes.
    Absolutely not true. Every thing counts~

Good to see you on the mill. I made that step only a couple of weeks back and now I feel great.
  • Meg,
    Thanks for the myth-busting, that was great information!! I have a question for you....
    Is it true that if you exercise in the morning that you will burn more calories all day??

I remember reading that somewhere, but I am not sure if it is accurate info.

Thanks!
    Darcy
  • Darcy - I've read differing opinions. If it is true, the effect is so small to be almost negligble. We all lead such busy lives that the important thing is just to fit in exercise whenever we can!
  • Thanks Meg! You are absolutely right about finding time to fit it in! Some days I feel like the demands on my time will never end, so I always try to fit it in first thing in the AM, before my kids wake up.
    Thanks again for the info!
    Darcy
  • I have been wondering about this for quite some time...
    When should you exercise- before or after you eat, does it even matter? If it does matter, how much time should you allow after/before you eat/exercise?