Frozen Dinners?

• I have just about no time during the week to prepare meals for myself. I usually leave for school around 8am, and have a quick break sometime around 12:30 where I run home and heat something up, and grab something to heat up for dinner. Or I wait until I get home to eat dinner, which is about 10pm. My mom has been really great and makes me frozen core meals that I can take with me, but realistically, I can’t have her make me 10-14 meals a week. I know core is all about planning, and I have been doing my best for the past five weeks. I’m just hoping that maybe there’s some tv dinner out there that I can have once or twice a week.

I read that the SB diet is close to core, and I was looking at their frozen dinners, but wasn’t really sure if they were in fact core, or very close to core. I try to keep my 35 points for when I’m really stuck, or when I go home (my mom does flex so no core dinners there, unless I defrost one).

Any help is appreciated!
  • There is one Lean Cuisine that I count as Core because I don't eat the gravy that the meat is sitting in. It's Steak Tips Portabello.

Quick Nutrition Facts
    Fat 7g Calories 180
    Vitamin A - 15%DV Calcium - 4%DV
    Vitamin C - 40%DV Dietary Fiber - 12%DV

Weight Watchers® Points® 4
    Vegetable Servings 2

• I think there might be a few that are core-like or pretty close but of course you will have to read the ingredients carefully? I am in Canada and I know there is one mediterranian couscous w/veggies that is pretty core and a few of the President's choice blue menu frozen items which might also work?

Another option might be to pick up a rotisserie chicken - maybe cut up into portions and freeze? or eat for a few meals - with some microwave veggies or a salad? As well I will sometimes make a quick and easy omelette for dinner w/veggies and soy cheese which is quick and filling!

Good luck!

Froufie
  • I'm not very good at this myself, but you can always make a core casserole or soup and then freeze individual portions. Vickie does this a lot with her tamale pie recipe (posted on our forum).