Dilemma about Green Tea

• I am stuck in a middle of a dilemma here.

I’ve red somewhere that Green Tea may have the ability to increase metabolism, and therefore help burn calories faster. Since I’ve been stuck on a plateau for a few months; I thought it may be a solution.

However, I also red that Green Tea may also increase blood pressure. Since my blood pressure tends to be a little above normal specs; I am not sure what to do with this….

Any comments?
  • I adore green tea and drink it as an alternative to coffee in the mornings. I've read about the metabolism boost but not about raising blood pressure. I don't know if the metabolism boost has been working, but I did lose 7 pounds this week - so perhaps it is!

I found this webpage http://vanderbiltowc.wellsource.com/...nt.asp?ID=1688 which says that green tea actually reduces blood pressure.
  • The doctor in charge of the study I am doing won't let me have it. Too much caffeine.

I used to drink 2-4 cups per day & did see a difference in weight loss. But I was exercising & watching the eats, too.
  • There is decaf green tea.
  • @Suzie

I made a quick search after reading your reply and it seems that you are right. I don't know why the article i first red said the opposite......

Anyways, i have my annuel checkup next month and I'll ask my doctor....
  • Does decaf green tea have the same benefits as regular green tea?