Lunch Dilemma - Japenese Steak House

• Okay ladies - I need some help today. I have a business lunch that will be at the Japanese steak house. I know most of the meats I can ask for without much seasoning and choose chicken, strimp or beef, but what do I do about everything else and all the soy sauce and oil's they use? Any suggestions other than asking them to fix mine with no sauces/oils/soy????

Thanks in advance for any suggestions....
  • Hey guess what there is a Japanese section in the free to live binder i got so here are some helpful tips for you....

When dining in a Japanese restaurant remember:

Sauces: ask for low-sodium soy sauce on the table instead of full sodium alternative.

Appetizer: clear soups, garden salads with ginger dressing on the side.

Main Course: Sushi, sashimi or teriyaki meals are good choices- caution to those watching sodium intake. In addition, raw sushi or cooked sushi rolls are also good choices.

Side Dishes: Rice is a staple served with most dishes. Noodles are another starch.

Dessert: Japanese dessert is usually fresh fruit.

Beverage: Green tea is a great after dinner option; tea is good for hleping digest a big meal. Drink water throughout your meal.

QUICK TIPS
    The following are listed under the YES section so you can have these:
    Miso Soup
    Chicken Yaki Udon
    Sushi & Sashimi
    Edamame
    Steamed Rice

The following are listed under the NO section and should be avoided:
    Shrimp Tempura
    Vegetable Tempura
    Fried Dumplings
    Avacado
    Spicy Mayo

Hope these help you at lunch.
  • I WANT A FREE TO LIVE BINDER
  • Thanks so much Britt - I will have to print that and take it with me.
  • LOL Shennie if you want i can fax you the eating out guide in it. Just let me know. hope that info helps pirate!
  • Okay, Britt - I want it too - please please please...... If not thought I understand