Two Weeks of Success

• For the first time ever, I have accomplished two straight weeks of eating the way I should. My FitDay report for the last two weeks shows all my intake within my goals, except sodium. (Still struggling with that one.) This is huge for me so I just wanted to share!

Report for 09/12/2005 through 09/25/2005
    Calories: actual 1624.5, goal 1600-1800
    Total Fat g: actual 52.3, goal less than 53
    Saturated Fat g: actual 15.69, goal less than 18
    Cholesterol mg: actual 146.12, goal less than 200

Sodium mg: actual 3866.6, goal less than 2000
    Dietary Fiber g: actual 46.83, goal greater than 25
    Protein g: actual 76.9, goal greater than 50

And I lost 5.5 lbs!
  • That's awesome Congratulations on 2 good weeks!

If your sodium is high, I'd look at any pre-packaged foods you're eating, especially canned soup (that stuff is the devil of high sodium).
  • Sodium was really hard for me to adjust too. It seemed even harder when I realized I added extra salt to EVERYTHING - which never really made it into my FitDay.

I stopped adding extra salt, and switched to no salt added canned veggies (Delmonte Fresh-Cut no-salt are the best, and the only ones that taste good without salt). I cut back on how much salty snack food (like otherwise-healthy pretzels) I was eating. I also only drink water or milk now, soda/pop/cola has a lot of sodium (as does peanut butter - which I still eat).

Now I may still go a bit over, but it's only 200-300mg or so.

Good luck - I'm trying to get back on the FitDay horse myself!
  • That's awesome! I have so much trouble with consistency. I can put together 3, maybe 4 days of eating well before I give myself a "break," which usually ends up at least as long.
  • That is fantastic!! Way to go!

I don't even put nutritional goals into fitday (other than calories and exercise) because I don't want to know how badly i have blown them!
  • Great Job!!! Keep up the good work!
    (I feel like a 2nd grade teacher saying that, lol)