Day 2 pookie update!

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • she's awake - sort of. heavily sedated, with an epidural. she still has a ways to go, but she's doing just what she's supposed to be doing. except for that fluid retention thing that they're dealing with.

but that should be resolved soon.... will keep ya'll posted! i've told her mom [the information source!] about all the support that's happening around here, and the sweet lady just about started crying!

keep holding good thoughts and prayers!
  • Thanks again Jiffypop! Pookie is still in my thoughts and prayers!
  • Thanks, jiffypop.

Good news that she's right where she should be. More : to Pookie.
  • Good to hear she's doing great... I think my mom would start crying if she heard that too! Keep the updates flowing

-Aimee
  • I'm happy to hear all is going well! HUGZ TO POOKIE!!
  • Glad to hear that everyting is going as expected and she's on her way to recovery. Thanks for the update!

~Dee
  • Good to hear recovery is as expected. Thanks for the update Jiffy.
  • Still thinking of you Pookie! :
  • Great to read this update! While we were in Baltimore, I didn't check the web very much and somehow didn't see her first thread showing up in watched threads anymore. Praying for a complete and speedy recovery, Pookie!
  • Thanks Jiff,

I'll say a prayer for her tonight!

Love Amanda x
  • Hang in there, Pookie! Lots of good thoughts are coming your way.
  • That's good news. I'm glad your doing as expected and I know you will be getting better every day.
  • Every time I think to call Pookie's mom, it's too late (for normal folks to still be up, I mean). Have you talked to her, Jiffypop? I'll try to get in touch with her tomorrow.
  • I just spoke with Pookie's mom. She'd asked about us. Pookie's breathing on her own now, after needing a respirator for a bit. The cath's out now, too, and she's been up out of bed some (being told to drink lots of water while receiving diuretics has to be the pits when you're hurting!). She's still having a bit of a rough time and has bad pain on her right side. Please keep her in your prayers.

One sweet thing her mom told me is that Pookie set it up in advance for her mom to get an ecard from her each night. Her mom misses their nightly e-mails, but it's nice getting these, she said. *smiles*
  • AWW that's sweet about the e-cards!

Keeping Pookie in my thoughts and prayers...and I hope that she gets through this rough bit as quickly as possible. Sounds like no fun at all and I just hope it can be over with, and behind her very soon!

Pookie!
    xoxoxo
    Linda