Question about Points/Core

• I was looking through my CFC last night and noticed that there were various foods that were not Core, but had zero points. Ex. different marinades, ice cream bars, hummus, parmesan, etc.

I understand that they probably contain sugar or something, but if they have zero points are they ok to eat while on Core?
  • I use some zero point foods (mostly crispbreads and things like that) and haven't had any problems. The thing you have to remember is that 0 + 0 isn't 0. If you go beyond the suggested serving, they need to be counted.

Where the heck are you seeing zero point ice cream bars and hummus, though?
  • I use some 0 point items too, but I am very careful to only have 1 serving since multiple servings can add up to more than 0.
  • In the CFC:

Page 225: Blue Bunny Health Smart lists 3 FF ice cream bars with 0 points.

Page 217: Swan Gardens, Natural Hummus, Roasted Red Peppers is 0 ponts.

Believe me I read the WHOLE book looking for 0 points last night!
  • Interesting. I don't think we have those brands around here, but I'm going to look.

You can make homemade hummus that is Core pretty easily. I just use chickpeas, lemon, garlic, cumin and about a half teaspoon of sesame oil, instead of the tahini.

The storebought stuff is good, though, and a healthy snack if you keep it moderate.
  • Fantastic! I love hummus! I couldn't figure out what to use instead of tahini. I'm going to try this tonight.
  • I love hummus too. I posted a hummus recipe on the Core recipe thread that I found in one of the WW cookbooks that is totally core and was really tasty.