Coming back to try again!

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Hi,

I haven't posted here in a LONG time. I've been really busy with school-I went back to school last summer to become a physical therapist assistant. I survived my first year, but I've been stress eating really badly! I have another year of school to go, and I don't want to graduate heavier than when I started.

I started back OP yesterday. I'm not following any plan, just eating more fruits and vegetables, whole grains, lean protein and less junk. It worked for me before-I had lost 57 lbs. Unfortunately, I've gained 23 lbs back and I'm totally disgusted with myself.

I've kept up exercising and started to practice yoga to help with stress release and relaxation.

I"m so glad to be back here among friends. I've really missed everyone-I love the wonderful support, and hope to give support in return. I won't be able to post much for the next five weeks (summer courses) but will have a little more time after that.

Thanks for having me back

Take care,
    Sherry (suzie76)
  • Welcome back, Sherry. I'm new here.

Don't be too hard on yourself. You've still lost 34 pounds, right? That's quite an achievement, you know. And you've got yourself back on track before you regained the full 57 pounds which is a lot more than I did. Go for it!
  • Hello Sue,

Nice to meet you...I am among the few gents on this forum

Like you, i am an emotional eater, so i think we will understant each other...
  • Glad to see you back, Sherry, and I'm looking forward to hearing about all your success. You sound ready to get down to business and you know we're all cheering you on!
  • Welcome back, Sherry. Its great that you are ready to focus on yourself again - its good to hear you sound so determined!
  • Yes, yes! Welcome back, Sherry. Congratulations for making it back here, and good luck with all of your coursework.
  • Welcome back Sherry. Glad you found your way back to our "home".
  • Welcome back Sherry,

Give yourself a pat on the back for coming back. We are thrilled to have you here. Good luck on those courses, I am sure you will do excellent. And - congrats on your loss - focus on the positive, you have already done very well and will continue to do so!! Look forward, not back...
  • Welcome back Sherry. I think a lot of us have done the same thing. And sadly most of us leave this form when eating bad when we would be a lot better off sticking around. I know I have in the past.
  • Thanks, everyone! I appreciate the responses.

Howie-wow! You are doing great-congratulations!!!! (so is everyone else, I don't mean to slight anyone)

Sherry
  • Hi Sherry!!! Good to see you back! I still have your Julia Havey book. Been meaning to send it back for a longgggg time. How is Matthew?

hugs,

Aimee
  • Hi Sherry ~ Glad you're back.
  • Welcome back Sherry!
  • welcome Sherry, congrats on not gaining it all back, i had lost 35 lbs and then got so busy with work and life than i gained 30 of it back. I know how low you feel when it happens. Good Luck with your journey
  • Welcome back Sherry! That's the great thing about this place, no matter where you go or how much weight you gain, you will ALWAYS be welcomed back with open arms!

Love Amanda x