How I Gauge My Weight Loss Progress :D

• I realized that I was getting towards my weight goal when I went back to being "Miss" at the grocery store, instead of "Ma'am." It always used to bug me that they'd call me "Miss" when I was obviously married with children etc. Then I gained weight, and I became "Ma'am." Now, for the last several weeks, they've been calling me "Miss" again. Coincidence?? Probably.

OK, now I really have to go and do the grocery shopping. I'll see if I'm "Miss"ish today again...

Angela
  • That's one of the things that bugs me to death!! Especially on the phone ... there are some people who think it's a compliment to say "miss". Well, I disagree! I worked long and hard for 48 years to gain some respect and be a "ma'am"!!
  • Yes, I agree. I got married young (20) and looked even younger (like 15). After I had my first dd, old ladies in the grocery store would ALWAYS look at me disapprovingly, like I was an unwed teen mom. I felt like holding out my wedding ring prominently, or yelling, "I'm 23 and married, for gosh's sake!!" I don't get that so much anymore (guess 3 kids and 6 years will do that to you ) but people are still pretty surprised to know I'll be 30 this year. So I guess I qualify for "Ma'am" status, but still look like a "Miss?" Who knows...

Angela
  • I think people defintely look older when they are overwieight. I don't think I can ever get back to Miss....but I hope soon that they stop thinking that I am my Niece's Mother when she is only 11 years younger than me!