juicing

• I try to juice every day, so if I'm doing the CORE plan would I have to count points for that if I'm using fresh fruits/veggies?
  • Hmmm... that is a good question.... Core says no juice, probably because it is a trigger food for some and easy to go overboard on. But fresh sqeezed juice is very good for you so I'm not sure. I'd like to hear what others say.
  • ok, I asked some one who knows more about this juice thing than me and this is what she said:

"Yes. The whole point of Core is energy density ... .foods that give you maximum satisfaction for minimal calories. You lose all the fiber in juices. That's why no juices, fruit or vegetable, are listed on Core. Making them yourself doesn't change their nature"

so sorry... if you want juice use some of your weekly pts for it ok?
  • id say if making it yrself then its ok
  • OK. I am looking at a can of HY-TOP Vegetable juice and the nutrition Facts are :
    Serving - 8 oz.
    calories - 50
    Total Fat - 0
    Dietary Fiber - 2 g (this is included under the carbs)
    That figures out to 1 pt. per serving
    My question is: If I use this as a soup base with canned tomatoes and it equals to 10 cups of soup per pan, do I still have to count it on core? I usually ate 1 or 2 cups for lunch.
    I'm not saying it is a Core food, I just wonder if it comes out to zero points if it is dilluted that much?
    I know Kellye will have an answer cause she is a whiz at this points stuff.
    Cin, what would a leader tell someone at a meeting with this question?
  • I would say it would be 0 pts since it makes 10 cups of your soup, so I wouldn't worry about it.