Which weight???

• Which weight do you use? I weigh at home and then I get weighed at the dr. The dr's office scale always shows about 3 pounds more than the scale at home. So, I am never sure which one to post here.
  • i say use the one at home because u r using that one more often. It isnt so much as how much you weigh as much as how much you have lsot. As long as u start on one weight and keep using that one to go by you will be fine
  • The one that weighs the least, of course.

Often my doctor's scale weighs me at 5+ pounds more than the WW scale. I say just pick one and be consistent.
  • I say for your sanity, use your home scale as your official weight. I'd go crazy "converting" every time I weighed in, but maybe that's just me.
  • Quote: The one that weighs the least, of course.

Often my doctor's scale weighs me at 5+ pounds more than the WW scale. I say just pick one and be consistent.
    Funny, I was thinking to go with the higher weight!! I wonder what that says about me? Your way sounds a lot healthier, Sheila!

I agree that the key is to remain consistent. I upped my weight by 7 pounds back in the beginning because I had a rude awakening.....and then I just stuck with that higher weight going forward, recalibrating my (old) home scale to match that of the doctor's. I did that because I wanted to really have an accurate awareness of how much I really weighed, since I was working so hard to lose weight! Now that I have a better quality scale, I don't have that discrepancy....and I just make a point of weighing myself at home right before going getting weighed at that office because after that experience I feel mildly paranoid and obsessive!

Anyway, I just took forever to say that I pretty much agree with the others.
  • Ok, the weight I have posted is the one from my home scale. I guess somehow I felt like I was cheating or something by using the lesser weight. I think partly because the weight I have to use for the goal ~ below 190 to be able to get that long term care insurance ~ the home weight doesn't count ~ it has to be the weight at the dr's office. I like the home weight better ~ with that one, I will get to onederland sooner. So, I will leave it as it is.