Hi, new here, new to the SB diet

• Hi everyone! I'm new to these forums. Just starting out of the SB diet and looking for support.
  • Jen, if you're looking for support you came to the right place! The folks around here are wonderful and more than happy to give good advice or just lend an ear!
  • Thanks for the reply. I saw the phase 1 food lists,its great to know where to start (in the grocery store.) The first thing I see every time I walk in the foodstore is the Wonderbread and the sweet stuff, almost amusing.
    What do your shopping lists look like? When you have a food list, brands ,etc. I feel lost in those stores and don't know where to start. I wish they had a low carb aisle or something . .
  • Would that be just wonderful?!

An aisle just for low carb products!

What helps me is printing out my own allowable foods list from this site. it accompanies me to the store and helps me choose foods. I avoid the cereal and candy aisles.

Welcome to the beach. I don't see myself as the greatest role model lately, but I certainly support everyone in their quest.
  • Welcome to the beach, Jen
  • Remember the total sugar count on labels should be <4

WELCOME and join us at the bootcamp, DAILY, Just Chat and MSN group.

Lady
  • Thanks for the tips!! and the welcomes. Today is officially my first day.
  • Welcome, Another Jen ! I wish you a great first day!
  • Welcome Jen, you will get lots of support and ideas here. Good luck at the grocery store. What a nightmare. I wish I could hire someone to do it for me.
  • Hello Jen, I am yet another Jen. I just started the SBD yesterday also. I'm pretty excited about it. Shopping is almost easier, I can skip the majority of rows in the supermarket and focus on the produce and meat sections (with a side trip down the spices isle).

A little about me, I'm a single mom in my mid-30's and I have 80 pounds to lose (yikes!)

I know if I don't do this now, I'm just going to keep getting heavier and I certainly don't want that!

Good luck to you and don't ever give up.
  • Hi Jen!
    I am also a Jen and new to the SBD, this is day 3 for me! I would like to lose about 70 lbs but will be happy if I can do 50. I just know I am too heavy now and want to be healthy to live a long life with my skinny husband.
    Welcome to the beach! Looking forward to getting to know you and all the others.
  • Hi Another Jen,

I am also new to this forum and to the SB diet. I am doing
    ok on it. You can to!

Everyone here gave me such a warm welcome that I feel
    right at home as I know you will.

It is a struggle the first three days, but then it does get easier.

Good Luck!!!

You can do it, if I can.