Huge Pasta Binge and NOW 2 LBS heavier

• It was just yesterday that I made some pasta , tomato sauce type, very rich n chunky too.

Now I have re-gained 2 Lbs over night. I was dropping weight so quickly. I am on a rx for sleep and herbal teas too for natural sleep. Then yesterday since i made a fresh batch of delicious red sauce pasta, I tasted it to see how the sauce turned out. The next thing i knew I was having more and more pasta 2 days worth of pasta binges in a row.

I weighed myself 2nd day having eaten pasta and am SO DISAPPOINTED I GAINED 2 Lbs. ....I just dropped 9 Lbs w/in like 2 week period, after my last period, and now re-gained 2 LBS.

So its hpt today and gotta take a long walk after dinner tonight. Don't wanna fast but dont want this unwanted 2 Lb gain on the scale either.

I just feel really surprised that i gained so suddenly and have become so comfortable with scale gauge consistently going to the - left, descending in weight that is, that i am in shock over a sudden weight gain.....

I may increase my water pill, exercise, and attempt a liquid diet for the rest of this week to make up for this gain in weight.

Any SUGGESTIONS, anyone???
  • Quote: It was just yesterday that I made some pasta , tomato sauce type, very rich n chunky too.

Now I have re-gained 2 Lbs over night. I was dropping weight so quickly. I am on a rx for sleep and herbal teas too for natural sleep. Then yesterday since i made a fresh batch of delicious red sauce pasta, I tasted it to see how the sauce turned out. The next thing i knew I was having more and more pasta 2 days worth of pasta binges in a row.

I weighed myself 2nd day having eaten pasta and am SO DISAPPOINTED I GAINED 2 Lbs. ....I just dropped 9 Lbs w/in like 2 week period, after my last period, and now re-gained 2 LBS.

So its hpt today and gotta take a long walk after dinner tonight. Don't wanna fast but dont want this unwanted 2 Lb gain on the scale either.

I just feel really surprised that i gained so suddenly and have become so comfortable with scale gauge consistently going to the - left, descending in weight that is, that i am in shock over a sudden weight gain.....

I may increase my water pill, exercise, and attempt a liquid diet for the rest of this week to make up for this gain in weight.

Any SUGGESTIONS, anyone???
    Honestly, I would advise you to refrain from doing anything drastic. Maybe cut your calories a tiny bit on the following days.

Going to extreme lengths to "cover up" your binge day - underfeeding yourself considerably, in other words - will likely produce a second binging session.

At the end of the day, it don't really matter. Yeah, you binged, and it sucked. Over a long stretch of time, this is inconsequential.

I hope this helps.
  • A pasta binge is going to result in some bloat, I expect that the two pounds is mostly retained water. A few days of your normal diet should return you to your proper weight!
  • I agree that the weight should come down. Do not change your diet or starve yourself. Instead add cardio to burn it off and do the same on your next binge if weight gains.