My weight loss thread... gained 80 lbs, planning to lose 40

• Hi everyone, I posted an introduction a few weeks ago, but thought I should have a support thread too. I'm a guy that used to be really fit, but have piled on 80 lbs from letting go and overeating constantly. My max was 251 lbs and I started here at 245. I'd like to drop 40 lbs with my intermediate goal to no longer be officially obese (<227 lbs).

Since starting here I lost a few more pounds, but just may have reversed course today. After being good and eating healthy, today I ate a whole large pizza on top of a few other big meals! Hopefully, I can restrain my ridiculous appetite the rest of the week/month/year!
  • Down another 5 lbs! I'm not really sure how its possible though. I haven't really cut back that much. But I sure hope it continues... 8 lbs more until I am no longer obese.
  • Congrats on a great start!
  • That's awesome. Keep up the good work!
  • Thanks LesGetFit and lovemylife001! Unfortunately, I completely let go the last week and a half and managed to put those 5 lbs back on... oops! Now I am back at 240 lbs, which is frustrating.
  • Derailed by the holiday (or my ridiculous appetite). Regained 2 more pounds after a long weekend of binging. I need to change something.
  • Wow my weight is up and down like crazy. I just weighed in at 233, which is 9 lb loss in a little over 2 weeks. I dont feel like I am starving so I will keep this up I have just cut back a little and do a bit more light exercise. 6 more lbs until I am no longer technically obese!
  • No longer obese!
    I reached my first mini-goal of 227 lbs, which means I am no longer obese, according to BMI, for the first time in over a year. I maintained my weight around over the holidays, and then continued losing after. I have been eating very healthy: mostly fruits, vegetables and lean meats. My exercise routine has been normal for me (mostly walking) but I am more consistent lately. At times, I feel a little hungry but its surprising that most of the time I am not hungry even when I eat relatively little. It's good for weight loss, but I am sure it will get harder as I go. I may post a progress pic in the mini-goal album later this weekend.

I hope everyone is feeling good about the new year!
  • Good work, person12670! Congrats on reaching your first mini-goal!
  • Great job! Congrats on your mini goal
  • Finally losing weight again after plateauing for 2 months. Down to 213! 8 or 10 more lbs to go