Reality Check in Photos on the Beach

• Anyone else see pictures of themselves this past weekend in a bathing suit??

In some ways I'm thankful for it. I can see what it is and what it isn't. AND it will help motivate me to lose the rest of this weight. The rest of the year in clothes, I don't think I'm too bad but seeing myself in a bathing suit (in pictures someone else took) gave me some perspective. I have trouble with getting a feeling of how big/small I am sometimes. I could see that my hips and stomach still have volume and that my upper body is starting to lean out. I saw pictures of my upper back and thought that looked muscular and lean. I also saw that yes, I do have loose skin, but there is still a lot of fat underneath it also. In some ways, it's relieving to see that - I wonder what it will look like when I'm finished losing weight. Maybe it won't be as bad as I thought.

It was a first for me to even allow myself to be photographed - especially in a bathing suit! And I'm glad that we have vacation pictures with me in it. Now I have "2nd start" before pictures, lol. Considering where I started, I think I look pretty good. Considering I am 35 and have 2 kids and lost weight, I look pretty good. But I don't want "considering" anymore. I'm ready to just look good, period.

I'll attach some pictures and see how long I leave them up.

• Gee hun, I wish I looked like that in a bathing suit!
    You look great... just a bit of womanly curve there.
  • You look better in a bathing suit than I do, that's for sure!
  • You know what I see in those pictures? A confident, happy woman. Keep losing weight for your own personal satisfaction... But you should be proud of who you are and the great example you're setting for your kids.
  • you look fantastic and happy!

I saw pictures of myself from a hiking trip. ugh. but I try to remember that my tree-trunk legs hauled me up that mountain. Still, it is a wake up call.
  • Wow, I think you look great! I agree that you look confident and happy. I know what you mean though, I saw some recent pictures of myself of our trip to the zoo and I looked bigger than I thought I was. I think we are our own worst critics though. And good for you for posting your swimsuit pictures. I am not at that level of bravery yet.
  • You guys are too kind. Thank you. I appreciate the compliments.

But yeah, it's about the realization of seeing yourself differently than you do in the mirror. And even the mirror is confusing. As I lose, it's hard to make sense of my progress and sometimes it take a series of pictures (there were a lot more that I didn't post) to see what "others see."
  • You look great! And I really wanted to say that I LOVE your attitude!
  • Looks like you're doing great!