Will be on cruise still on P1 - has anyone done this?

• I will be on a cruise later this month. I am still on Phase 1. My coach said not to take salt and packets with me. He recommends I use Phase 3 as a guide. Eat alot of protein and try not to eat many carbs. He said to keep taking my vitamins and pick 2 snack packets I like and take enough for the cruise in case for desserts.

Has anyone been on a cruise during P1? I am open to advise, tips, recommendations etc.

I want to have fun on the cruise and not worry about packets etc. I realize I will probably gain some weight or not lose anything.

Thanks in advance.
  • Quote: I will be on a cruise later this month. I am still on Phase 1. My coach said not to take salt and packets with me. He recommends I use Phase 3 as a guide. Eat alot of protein and try not to eat many carbs. He said to keep taking my vitamins and pick 2 snack packets I like and
    Thanks in advance.
    Not accounting for any specific health problems, have a great time and eat what you want. The food I'd absolutely amazing. I have been on five cruises in the last 10 years. Always gain weight, but the amount of walking is huge
  • I was on a cruise in August (Before IP) and I didn't gain weight on the cruise
    my tips
    get a pedometer and make sure you walk 10000 steps a day (I took the stairs-never the elevator and walked around the ship every day)
    eat at restaurants instead of the buffets-its the same food but you aren't tempted to go back for seconds.
    Enjoy your cruise-eat till you are satisfied-not till you are full and you will do great!
    For me the joy of cruise food was I could try things I normally don't eat and I didn't have to do the cooking or cleaning!-I never felt tempted that I had to eat a particular food or desert on the cruise-
    Plan to succeed and you will!!!!
    I think your coach gave you good advice!!!!
  • I would also pack some mio drops and a water bottle
    I didn't like the taste of the water on the cruise and the mio drops made it drinkable!!
  • Thx for help. On the cruise now in san juan pr. I have been doing ok. I must say it is hard to do this. I have packets if I need them but have been trying not to use them. I have weighed myself a couple of times but not sure how off the scale is compared towards mine. I am trying to enjoy and eat carb or dessert stuff only when I really want something.

Thanks again it is appreciated