Restarting Monday 11/04/13... Anyone?

You're on Page 1 of 16
Go to
  • I'm having a hard time restarting, second time is harder I heard and now I'm experiencing on my own skin! So frustrated with my own self ... Anyone would like to restart and get this done for good?
  • Quote: I'm having a hard time restarting, second time is harder I heard and now I'm experiencing on my own skin! So frustrated with my own self ... Anyone would like to restart and get this done for good?
    I hear you, I will be happy to restart with you on Monday.. although I plan to do my best this weekend, but I am moving this weekend and next so it will be a little crazy .. but I am going to stock up and try and have lots of IP friendly foods.. looking forward to a good weigh in next Thurs.
  • Quote: I hear you, I will be happy to restart with you on Monday.. although I plan to do my best this weekend, but I am moving this weekend and next so it will be a little crazy .. but I am going to stock up and try and have lots of IP friendly foods.. looking forward to a good weigh in next Thurs.
    Hi Clarington!
    I was planning to start today but have an event to attend tonight, I will try to stay as close to IP friendly stuff, going to get rid off no friendly foods I have around the house also.... I want to see good numbers my next WI.
    Looking forward to restart and not to stop till I reach goal
    I know we can do this!
  • Restarting is better than not starting at all! Let go of frustration and gain that excitement of doing something wonderful for yourselves!! YOU ARE WORTH IT!!
  • Good luck with your re-start!! Took me 3 years and several failed attempts to get back on the wagon. Then finally one day I said ENOUGH! and started right then and there! No time to wait and try to convince myself otherwise.

I found it really helped to have a lot of veggies already cut up on hand. That way there was no excuse. It was just a matter of opening the fridge and grabbing what I needed.
  • Quote: Good luck with your re-start!! Took me 3 years and several failed attempts to get back on the wagon. Then finally one day I said ENOUGH! and started right then and there! No time to wait and try to convince myself otherwise.

I found it really helped to have a lot of veggies already cut up on hand. That way there was no excuse. It was just a matter of opening the fridge and grabbing what I needed.
    agree with everything you said! After Labor Day weekend, I thought about Ideal Protein, got in my car and drove to my clinic.

Every time I go to the grocery store, I come home and chop all my veggies and put them in measured zip locks. It helps so much! I also meausre my meat and hard boil a bunch of eggs...that way if i'm too exhausted to cook anything, I can eat the eggs! Good luck and have a safe weekend moving.
  • I'm in!! I need some teamwork/support and really do want to get back on the wagon.
  • Quote: Restarting is better than not starting at all! Let go of frustration and gain that excitement of doing something wonderful for yourselves!! YOU ARE WORTH IT!!
    I wish I can buy excitement I do believe I'm worthy
  • Quote: I'm in!! I need some teamwork/support and really do want to get back on the wagon.
    Yay! We are in! Let's support each other, let's do this
  • I had 'started' this past Monday, but a few things came up- such as 15 hours spent baking cakes and icing them (can you say TEMPTING?) and then a big Halloween party. But I've had a few OP days, and I'm getting the idea of the IP plan.
    Also, I'm waiting for my order of food to arrive- hopefully mid-week next week!
    I am starting tomorrow, Nov. 2. This is my first time on IP.
  • It will be nice to have someone ( or many ) to restart with.. I bought some IP friendly alternatives and think with moving this weekend, I will have Monday as my "official" re-start date .. I am feeling awful seeing the scale go up a couple of pounds and don't want it to get out of hand..
  • Quote: Good luck with your re-start!! Took me 3 years and several failed attempts to get back on the wagon. Then finally one day I said ENOUGH! and started right then and there! No time to wait and try to convince myself otherwise.

I think this is GREAT advice - thank you.. having everything handy and ready does make it a lot easier.. and I know my body / digestive system really prefers the IP diet a lot..
  • I'm in!!! I started IP with alternatives the last day of July and thru August and September I lost 30#. In October I had some personal buisness dealings out of town and was on the road constantly so I went off plan. I still had shakes twice a day and one meal a day, so I was watching what I ate but there was some fat, dairy, etc...included in that meal pretty often. I am ready to be back on plan and dropping weight like crazy!
  • I have been struggling so much as well. I originally did IP in Apr/May this past spring and lost 26lbs in 5 weeks. I tried to start again off and on through out the summer but only last 1-2 days and "something" would come up and I'd quit. I finally wanted to do this for real Oct 21 and lasted till Friday. Had a horrible weekend and restarted Oct 28. Did great till Oct 31. (Stupid Halloween!) So AGAIN I am restarted today. If I could just get past the four day mark I think I would be ok....I was told the first 4 days are the hardest because of the sugar detox & cravings... I really really want to start this for real. I feel so conflicted and torn. I hate the way I look, none of my clothes fit right, I feel ugly and huge (this is the biggest I've been since giving birth to my 6 year old!!) and I love watching the scale move and have so much determination...then all of a sudden none of that matters and the cravings take over. I could sit down and cry. It is such an internal struggle. Anyway, I woke up determined this morning (again) but hopefully this is my last "restart"

Thank you! I will go veggie shopping tomorrow to stock up my fridge.
    Someone also said that we can freeze shred cauliflower so I will try that too.