Hello from Down Under

• Hi Everyone,

I was very happy to find this forum, as I am in need of support. I am 24 years old and have about 30 kgs (66lbs) to lose. After moving half way across the country for university, away from family and friends, I have regained 20 kgs (44lbs) of the 30kgs I had lost previously.

It crept on slowly over 2 years, and I feel so ashamed that I could not control it. My closet is my worse nightmare as trying to find clothes that fit each morning seems to be a constant reminder of my failure.

I have had no one to talk to, or who can relate to what I am going through, and hope that I can find the support that I need here.

Cheers,
    DW
  • Hi DW! You have lots of people to talk to now! We all know what you are going through and you'll get lots of support. Now no more shame! Be proud of yourself for taking this step to turn it back around! Some people never take that step. And look at it this way: You are 10 kg/22 lbs ahead of the game this time, and this time is all that matters! So browse around and join in. The more involved you become, the more motivated and accountable you'll stay. We love newbies, so don't be shy. Jump right in! Good luck! You can do it!
  • Welcome to 3FC DW. I imagine that it is hard to be so far away from family and friends. I can relate to the closet being your worst enemy. I am the same way with mine. Which is why I come here, I am working on trying to lose the weight. For my kids, my spouse, my health, and all the wonderful clothes in my closet. Jump right in and start posting. There is so many great subforums to choose from.