It's NEVER too late!

• I had WLS bypass surgery December 5, 2011. In the Spring of 2011 I topped the scales at 268. With much effort I got down to 234 (or so) in December when I had my WLS. In April 2013, I was down to 141 and my husband said I was too thin.

Well, as a senior citizen we need a bit more facial padding to fill out the wrinkles and it was a bit scary when the fat deflated and left me a bit the worse for wear. But... wearing a smaller size and my only problem shopping for clothing was NOT buying everything that looked great on me, rather than my previous overweight problem of settling on one or two items that looked OK was certainly worth a wrinkle or two.

I battled my weight my entire life and my biggest regret was not having WLS sooner.

As soon as I figure out how to post photos I will post before and afters here.

PLEASE contact me if you have any questions.
  • That's amazing, congratulations

Please do share with us how you managed it. I can't wait to see the pictures.
  • Congratulations. I don't know your age but I'm in my mid-50s and I'm going the hard road but it's gonna happen. My all time high is somewhere slightly above 285 about 15 years ago. I weighed 135ish in my teens. In my 20s my low was 123. I was probably too thin then. I'm planning on stopping in the 160s or perhaps even a bit higher, if higher looks fine and my A1C (diabetic) looks good consistently. It's that face thing that you mentioned...

Again congratulations and I know about that clothes hopping thing, what a pleasure that will be. It's already better in a 18, 1X than higher.
  • Congrats!
  • Congratulations!
  • What an amazing effort, congrats
  • That is fantastic! I'd like to see some before and after pics, too! I need all the encouragement I can get!
  • Love the title of your threat - its so true! Well done girl!