Has anyone actually eaten black bean brownies

• I have seen a couple of recipes for black bean brownies but I haven't actually made them. Have you eaten them? Are they really any good? I miss brownies.
  • yeah i made some with a different kind of bean...cannot remember which one and they were awesome!!...go right ahead and try them hun...they are kinda dense but very yummy!!...cheers liz
  • I love them!! They come out almost like fudge. Definitely worth trying! I have also made "blondies" with garbanzo beans. :-)
  • They are ok, if you haven't had any real brownies in a long time.
  • Never had bean brownies, but I made zuccuni brownies and they wwere good.
  • I haven't made my own from scratch yet, something I'll get to trying one day.

I have done the mix a can of black beans with boxed brownie mix thing though and it comes out delicious! I can't taste the black beans, and it's more fudgey than mixing with oil and eggs. Not sure if this is really any healthier though, since it's definitely not something I can have in the house cause I'll just keep eating them! I just dump the whole can of black beans, liquid and all, with a box of brownie mix and blend it all together (blender, food processor or handmixer) and bake!