Walden Farms Question

• Are the WF Apple Butter & WF Strawberry jelly allowed on Phase 1 - Just curious

Thanks!
    Kathy )
  • Yes. They are both 0-0-0 so are allowed on IP. I have both. The apple butter makes really good slow cooker pork chops.
  • Quote: Yes. They are both 0-0-0 so are allowed on IP. I have both. The apple butter makes really good slow cooker pork chops.
    Please share what you do. Sounds yummy and I am making pork for Christmas Eve!
  • Quote: Are the WF Apple Butter & WF Strawberry jelly allowed on Phase 1 - Just curious

Thanks!
    Kathy )
    I mix mine WF spreads with stewed rhubarb. It makes them more fruit like and easy to spread on pancakes. Good recipes for crumbles etc on forum also.
  • Quote: Please share what you do. Sounds yummy and I am making pork for Christmas Eve!
    The original recipe comes from one of the IP recipe threads and is for Apricot Pork roast using the WF apricot spread. It is good too.
    3lb pork roast
    2 tbps Dijon mustard
    1/4 cup chicken stock
    1 jar WF spread (apricot or apple) - I think I only used 1/2 a jar last time
    1 leek

Slice the leeks and put them at the bottom. Them put in the roast. Mix the mustard, stock and spread to pour over the top. Slow cook for 6-8 hours.
  • Thanks KitKat169! I will try that.
  • Quote: The original recipe comes from one of the IP recipe threads and is for Apricot Pork roast using the WF apricot spread. It is good too.
    3lb pork roast
    2 tbps Dijon mustard
    1/4 cup chicken stock
    1 jar WF spread (apricot or apple) - I think I only used 1/2 a jar last time
    1 leek

Slice the leeks and put them at the bottom. Them put in the roast. Mix the mustard, stock and spread to pour over the top. Slow cook for 6-8 hours.
    Do you think you can do this with chicken or a boneless turkey breast? I don't eat pork but this sounds yummy.